OF all the BREEDS..........WHY DID YOU CHOOSE a pug???
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By MarcellaEbeck
  • 4 Post By CSollers
  • 2 Post By Rufus Pug Bug
  • 1 Post By Frodos mom
  • 1 Post By Chelli
  • 1 Post By Gizmo'smommy

Thread: OF all the BREEDS..........WHY DID YOU CHOOSE a pug???

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

Default OF all the BREEDS..........WHY DID YOU CHOOSE a pug???

the first pug that I owned was when I was still married. my son decided that getting my ex a pug would be a great idea. a dog for just him for father's day. I had bostons up till time always.
    the search was on and found a pug breeder unfortunetly a bad bark yard breeder........know much better now and along came Tammy. the day I gave Tammy to my ex.........I tried to fit her in a pug mug..lol but she was way to fat to fit. My ex did totally love her and she was really her pug.

all together have had 5 pugs already
    will always have a pug but believe they do better in pairs.....lol

I knew nothing about a pug till Tammy came along but got Pugged very fast........lol
    and still pugged 15 years later..
    A pugs world is full of play and sleep and of course good food.........

MarcellaEbeck is offline Village Puppy

I chose pugs because they have big personalities and they're really cute!

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

because they are the bestest!!!!!
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Rufus Pug Bug is offline Village Senator

I had never actually seen a pug in the flesh before I got rufus. They weren't very common where I live at all, now I see them everywhere!
    I lived and worked in a pub at the time so I needed a friendly, small, easy to groom dog who thrived on human companionship. I took a whole load of those "which breed is right for you" quizzes and everytime the pug seemed to pop up. I looked carefully into a few different breeds but the more I read about the pug, the more I knew I had found my dog.
    I found a breeder and just went to "have a look". Of course, I left after putting a deposit down and instructions to pick up my new puppy two weeks later. Best decision I ever made. Hopelessly pugged now, will never have another breed

Frodos mom is offline Village Admiral

eyes,love the round eyes.I have a thing about eyes in humans as well.Can tell alot about a person through their eyes.
    Pat's Crew likes this.

Chelli is offline Village Mayor

To be honest, I wanted one when I saw Men in Black II. I love their trot with their ears back and their little attitude. I researched the breed and researched for about 4-5 years to make sure that I could live with the snoring, sneezing, wheezing, etc. I was given Lizzie from a guy at work and I have been totally in love with the breed ever since.
    Pat's Crew likes this.

Gizmo'smommy is offline Village Puppy

It was actually my boyfriend's dream dog...a pug named Gizmo! SO, for his early birthday present I did some research and found an AMAZING breeder who sold them for "cheap". I researched everything I could before going to pick him up because I only had Golden Retrievers growing up so I wasn't familiar with all of the possible issues, etc. that could come along with a pug! Well, a year and half later I couldn't imagine my life without him! He's the most amazing dog we've ever had. He's so hilarious and the way he reacts to things is just so funny. He really is our little clown. My boyfriend and I joke about how we could watch him for hours because he's just so goofy:) We've been really lucky on the health end also. He only snores when he is on his back, there's zero wheezing (unless we run 2+ miles...then it happens lol), and he's just all around healthy:) We will forever be pug owners!!:)
    Pat's Crew likes this.

MuShu Mom is offline Village Royalty

I actually got my first pug from the pound after my hubby insisted on getting another dog (after our last rescue doggie passed away a year before). It was my son-in-law who suggested a pug after seeing Disney's Pocahantas. (Although I think the dog was maybe actually a bulldog?) Anyway, after my hubby brought the pug home I remembered seeing my first pugs back when I was a child in a movie called, The Great Race with Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon. There is one scene where Jack Lemmon plays a drunken Bavarian king and he passes out on his ornate bed and all of these puppies jump up on the bed and jump all over him and lick him, etc. I asked everyone what kind of puppies they were and no one knew! I actually fell in love with the pug at that moment but never knew what the breed was till we got our first pug from the pound! Wild, huh? Now I swear I will always own a pug (wish I could have more than one at a time!). I have been a cat lover and owner all of my life and the pug actually has soooooo many traits that are similar to cats! And my favorite breed of cat was Siamese so the fawn pug just was a natural love for me as well!

ON THE EIGHTH DAY, GOD CREATED PUGS !

Hopelessly "Pugged" ,

Cheri

glebou is offline Village Admiral

I didn't choose a pug. I came home from work one day and found one in the living room. My husband and daughter had spent our tax refund check on a 10-week-old puppy.

For someone who didn't want him, I've certainly turned around. He was the first of five!
    Gaye

Mom to Snafu DeLaRue, Dylan Thomcat and Thomcat Becket (Archbishop of Caterbury), the Siamese cats, (and Edgar Allen Pug, Priscilla Ann Pug, Kewpie Doll Boudreaux, Moe Jackson Pug, RooBen Lancaster Pug, Anya Pavlina Pug, Jabaar Jefferson Pug, Gertie Rose Griffon and Millicent waiting for me at the Bridge)

Steadfast is offline Village Mayor

Having had Mastiffs for 20 years my husband and I decided we wanted to go with a dog with a longer life span and one that could travel easier. Our sons are all in the service and with visiting them at about every base in the US we were doing alot of traveling. That is when the search began for a breed that was great with children, loving and devoted and a longer life expectancy than what we had come from...after many months of comparing breeds visiting breeders of various breeds we landed on the pug and never looked back or had a regret of our choice. The breed is WONDERFUL with children of all sizes and is devoted beyond words and to be greeted by their wiggle little tail and snorting hello is nothing like you could experience with anything else and something I could not imagine my life without now 8 years later.
    Sherry Roberts
    Mom to "Bailey, Ollie, Sonny, Joey, Logan, Mary and Maddie"
    http://www.steadfastpugs.net

+ Reply to Thread