MOUNTAIN CLIMBING PUGS!! (well, sort of...)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: MOUNTAIN CLIMBING PUGS!! (well, sort of...)

Cat Denby is offline Village Puppy

Default MOUNTAIN CLIMBING PUGS!! (well, sort of...)

we live right in the blue ridge mountains, very close to the appalaichian trail, and my puggies love to hike and run around in the woods. we usually take really tame paths, but since we have "pug pouches" (packs just for carrying the pugs when they get tired or the terrain gets rough), we sometimes take on the more challenging hikes. cheyenne loves to follow - she'll follow her little brother anywhere - and cody likes to take his time up the mountain, and then race down with joy and enthusiasm (just like kids, hmmm?). we recently took them on the trail to Hightop Mountain and found out that cody also LOVES to rock climb (and to stick his nose in holes he probably shouldn't...). below are pictures of my amazing mountain climbing pugs enjoying their native environment - check cody out, being brave and trying to charge up the rocks!
    cody leading the way:

cheyenne taking a breather:

cody posing for his national geographic spread:

cody is ready to take on the whole mountain:

Cheryl7777 is offline Village Admiral

Great pictures, beautiful Pugs. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
    Cat Denby likes this.

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Beautiful pugs and lovely scenes!
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Frida is offline Village Governor

Oooh I was thinking about taking my pug hiking!!! So they don't need special shoes?!?! The terrain at the place I was thinking of going is just like this one, so I was just wondering whether their paws were ok... Looks like fun!!! Can't wait!!! =D PS. bet they slept great after this!

special shoes... that's cute! no, they are pretty good at figuring out where to put their feet. i would recommend bringing a water bowl and water, and it never hurts to have a "dog pack" (a pack that you can carry the pug in if he/she poops out and doesn't want to trek back to the car!). take 'em out! they love to be in the big outdoors!

Kagknits is offline Village Governor

Great pics! I love Cody's NG shot . . . that's got cover shot written all over it! :)
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Cat Denby like this.
    Karen

Owned by Smushyface and Sammie

yeah, cody is pretty convinced that he is supposed to be a star. i think he wants to be the pug version of ellen degeneres. always cracking jokes, loves to hear people laugh. i have to be SOOOO careful to "sound mad" when i tell him to stop doing something, because if you laugh about it, he is so happy to hear the laughter that he'll keep doing it just to get another laugh. the little pipsqueak is a comedian.

see what i mean? -

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Wonderful photos - looks like a great time. Cody was born to be in front of the camera.
    Poochysforever and Cat Denby like this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

mzkynd is offline Village Mayor

Cody is too cute!! Will definitely have too look into getting one of the pug packs,we live down in a valley and all the walking around here is up/down hills etc..
    Cat Denby likes this.
    ~ Owned by Miles, Ozzy, Hendrix, a pug, pibble and boxer, best trio a furmama could have~

you know they actually make a "snuggli" that works well for pugs. we have a couple of ancient ones that fit on your back, but i've seen people use the ones that fit on your front, where you can see the dog and enjoy letting them have a break - i'm looking into getting a couple as an update. both pugs like to hike, but cheyenne gets tired and lazy and wants to be part of the group without having to actually walk the whole way, so we love being able to carry her some. cody hasn't yet shown any need to be carried, but you know how pugs are... eventually he'll probably use it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast