Ahhhh
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PugMa

Thread: Ahhhh

Bmisner is offline Village Puppy

Default Ahhhh

So I start a new job next Monday, and of course I get left with a terrible shift. 2-12. GAH. Meaning my sleep schedule will change around a bit and ill probably go to bed later and wake up a couple hours before work. enough time to get the daily routine done.
    Now this would be fine, but we have my dog on my boyfriends schedule. Which is up at 7, bed at 11. Which worked perfectly when I had all day to play with him. But now I'm going to be going home after hes in bed, and waking up only with enough time to feed him, take him out, and do my daily routine. Should I change my dogs schedule to fit mine better? I feel that would mess with his eating/pottying habits. Or do I sacrifice my time with him completely? :(

Cheryl7777 is offline Village Admiral

Is the new schedule permanent? Who interacts most with your Pug? I think if the schedule is permanent, for at least in the foreseeable future, and you are the primary care giver for your Pug I would try to change his schedule. After all, the reason you have him is to enjoy him and have him enjoy you. I would go very slowly though so you don't throw him off enough to revert back to puppy hood and forget his potty training. Just my opinion. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

Bmisner is offline Village Puppy

Its not permanent, but I do have to spend at least 90 days with this shift, not including the two week training course. Im not the only one to watch Peanut, my boyfriend gives equal attention to him. I still cant stand the thought of 3 months barely seeing my boy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

PugMa is offline Village Admiral

2p-12mn? Ok, bed by 2am. Let Boyfriend have the 7am morning shift with puppy. You may need to get up a bit earlier than you want, but if you are up by 10am(8 hours is adequate sleep time) then you'd have time to enjoy your pup before going to work. Boyfriend can be the afternoon shift, potty and suppertime. You may not like it but it's actually great for the dog! Not nearly as long alone in the house with both parents working shifts!
    CSollers likes this.
    Kim
    Ma to Joy
    &
    MuShu & Kaya's Grand"Ma"'

"A dog naps so much because he loves so hard."

+ Reply to Thread