Seller wont meet me at her house - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Seller wont meet me at her house

MerkySky is offline Village VP

lol some how I do not see a pug getting a rabbit. Was is a slow rabbit?
    When you are no longer afraid do you begin to live! MerkySky

HI,
    And thank you. I LOVE this site and all the Pug lovers! Everyone has been so good about my questions and then just hanging in there with all my posts that basically sound like me sounding off before a speech in a big event. Thanks u for the food site I will look into that. Name tag is a good idea for the ride never thought of that. I did however think of a name to go on his collar! and harness and leash lol. I can not wait to go buy him a sweater. "manly" one my son says my son Carver said " I will have no dog of mine looking all girly and you will not see me dress him up like u did Romeo mom, well ok maybe one manly sweater" He will soon learn he will need at least 3 sweaters as they always get peed on! Wonder if I damaged Romeo also when I dressed him up I did not put him in girly stuff!
    And I was informed late last night when my son decided he had better tex me to make sure I knew to get a "manly dogie bed" I was asleep but woke up thinking horrible things like one of my kids was hurt cause why else would someone tex me at 3 AM then when my heart slowed down I thought what in the world is he doing up at 3 AM lol so tex him back come to find out he can not sleep he was trying to decide on keeping the name Cruise for him or changing it as he likes his two choices so much. And he was on the internet looking at pug info. Well it was a huge mistake to even let the kid know I was awake because the tex came flooding in with all the information on pugs he thought I just had to know right now and what all he is going to do with his new pug and where would be the best place to walk him so he wont get his eyes scratched! That one threw me so I decided even tho it was late I would wade in and ask. LOL the kid read that the eyes protrude so u have to be careful with toys, and his nails ect so they do not get scratched. We live on 4 archers most of which is inventory as we own a landscaping business, and we do have behind us a field that the other dogs run in and play and we walk them in. so my son was thinking that was just not going to be safe as he remembers all the wild roses and they grow from the ground up and those would just hurt his eyes. So he proceeded to tell me all the places that would be safe and one is a park that is a bit of a drive but it is a very nice park and he would pay the gas for me to get there. LOL it is not that far at all.
    I read and responded for about a hour to his texs and kept my patient hat on as every one here has with me. But I did have to around 4:30 tex back that I was falling a sleep. As the texes ended I thought of how hard it can be to get him to look up information to write a school paper to read ALL the pages in the chapter not just the end to get the info needed for a test, and here he is giving me pointers on how to best care for Cruise and what web sites to go to. I think the animal lover in me has rubbed off. I knew he liked dogs cause he is always hanging with Romeo but I had no idea he would be this into it.
    Well I rambled again. I am wide awake with all this new information I now need to check out, which in reality I already knew as I did my own reading on Pugs till my eyes croseed, But I did not tell him that. So off I go to read some more. Oh yea and the FIRST thing I have to so with him once we are home with our Pug is get him his own log in name for this site. lol that kid is something. I suspect he will be as bad as me.
    Have a great day. I hope to know today when we go get Cruiser and I like that name also! Carver did read the one post on here that suggested to keep his name at least until Cruiser gets settled in. Well I have to go look for another crate and dogie bed and supplies so that Cruiser has all that he needs for when my son is at his dads house cause Cruiser will be going every where my son goes. So when he has weekends at his dad I guess Cruiser will be away from me. Not sure how I feel about that. I did tell him that we will wait a month on doing that to let Cruiser get settled in.
    Ok thanks again
    Last edited by MerkySky; 12-24-2012 at 06:30 AM.
    Wally 'n' Leto likes this.

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

If Cruiser is traveling with the boy, did we remember to push the idea of Microchipping him, in transit he needs to keep tags on his collar and id tags on his harness. In far away Toronto, a qualified Fireman, and demolitions worker is the best friend of an aging fawn pug who once spent a summer at a 'first apartment' before man and dog moved back home. Pugs are a good dog for the family all the way around. So glad for you all.
    MerkySky likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Ms. Sugar, here. It was not a slow rabbit, but a foolish one.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and MerkySky like this.

LOL Well good for u for catching him!

Cruiser is already chiped . I have to look into that. Now that u asked I need to know how do they go about changing the addy from the old one to the new one! I am calling my vet today I hope they are open. I am going to ask then to write a reference for me even tho one was not asked for. And then I will ask how the micro chip works and set up an appointment for him to be looked at even tho he was just checked. Maybe more a meet and greet with my vet. Whom I called first to see if they new about Pugs and the health issues and were capable to handle any that came up. And one of the Techs there own Pugs so I am good to go on that one.
    My son was going to go with to get him. But my husband and I decided it would be a nice trip to just take and use to get some personal time in for ourselves! So my son said he would hang back BUT I had to stop and pick him up on the way home, which in reality is not on the way home and adds about 1/2 hour more for me lol but I have made arrangements that when we are 1/2 hour from home to call and his dad will bring him home.
    Thank you!

Trust me on this one, teenage boys make a cult of not showing their feelings, but angst runs hot and deep. Cruiser will help make it through school assignments, video games, girls both good and bad and much much more. Ask your rescue if he needs to have the address on the chip changed, or do they prefer to leave the chip coded to them and they will notify you if there is a disaster and he gets lost. Did we suggest obedience school, to freshen his skills at coming when called, sitting on command, and leave it for the average pug who will eat anything. Did you check your kitchen and install baby locks against the average pug who will claw open doors and extract tidbits. For the record, at least one pug managed to strand himself on a cup rack fully eight feet above the hard kitchen floor while his folks were moving furniture. Had I not seen the picture, I would not have believed it possible.

OHHHH my gosh no never thought to baby proof the kitchen! My step daughter is a dog trainer so that is covered! And yes I bet Cruise will be my sons best friend for a very long time. I will check on the chip addy relocation thing thanks!

Importantly, if he is traveling with the boy, the boy's dad is going to have to pug proof his kitchen as well. Does the other house have a yard that is safe without holes in the fence. Did we mention that many pugs take up carrying out treasures from the bathroom including tampons new and others less new, toilet paper and items left on the floor instead of the laundry basket.

Russ is offline Village Royalty
    Northern Virginia-Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

LOL and if you aren't full of trepidation and fear yet...... :)

I am more concerned with dry eye than scratches, but it depends on the pug, Mz Tilly's eyes are not poppers, but she has a little PK from lids. She used to look for escape routes from the yard. She is always rubbing up against the boxwoods and I am always cringing when she does.

One thing I keep in check in the yard is chem treatments. If any are used I keep it focused and Mz Tilly is kept to a limited time, and paw wiped after. In spring I use a general bug spray on the trees and side of the house. But I do it the day before a big rain and not on the general grass. This keeps the mosquitos down and the fleas out. Been years since she has had a single flea and I don't give her flea meds - occasional check with flea comb. I want the chems to settle down where they should be and not on her paws. The house side spray is to keep the ants at bay. I usually spray the overhang in the back with raid ant and she can't get to it and I don't need to spray in the house.
    Cheryl7777 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast