Seller wont meet me at her house - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Seller wont meet me at her house

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Remember to book a vet run on the way home, not the next day, on the way home. Take along a tall cardboard box with a snuggly blanket, or a crate you can clean to minimize drafts on the puppy. I suspect that once you smell puppy breath you are done anyway.
    Poochysforever likes this.

Heike is offline Village Governor

whenever we sell something over the i-net, we meet the buyers close by. unless the piece is really big and it does not fit in the car (like a murphy bed we just sold). I dont want strangers in my house.
    if I want to buy something I always google the phone number.

Hellas is offline Village Admiral

I would never dream of buying a puppy without having met that whole litter and the mother.
    Proud mama to puggies Winston and Ozzie, Slatan the Cat and Zino the horse.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Of course, going to a stranger's home and being shown the sire doesn't guarantee the animal is anything more than the fist intact male they pick up. And if you are shown a lactating bitch, that's no guarantee either. For the record, when my youngest son having read himself cross eyed about buying puppies went to pick out his Boston, he was shown a litter of 18 puppies. Do Bostons have 18 puppy litters? No. He was being shown a pooled two or three bitch litter. But no mind, he did get a spectacularly pretty Boston with a good temper. My gold standard is stopping at a vet for an immediate check up, and for that matter keeping puppy separate from your Pom for at least three days---but I would do that with a puppy from the best kennel in the world. In the end, if you hate the puppy on sight, don't buy it. But go see it.
    Poochysforever likes this.

shaynapug is online now True Village Royalty

If you're buying off of Craig's list.......many many people don't want to have someone at their house for safety reasons. It's common. When I even went to get my treadmill for Ben....I asked to meet him in the middle as I was by myself! I was even on the phone talking to someone til he got there who knew where I was and If I didn't call back within a half hour, she was to call the police!

When I went to get a tablet, Connie went with me! I don't trust people.

I wouldn't buy a dog off Craig's list or anything like that...but that's me!

If it isn't off a list...you should be able to see the house. I was so angry with my once mentor when she decided she just had to have this shitsu that she'd seen on line. The woman said she had papers and that she'd meet her at a gas station! That's always a no no!!!! She knew that! The little one was filthy (which is probably why they didn't want us at the house) She is the cutest and sweetest thing! I named her Annie as she reminded me of Raggedy Ann! She was very lucky! Oh...the paperwork was CKC. I asked the woman if they were the Canadian Kennel Club and was told no...it was the Continental Kennel Club that will register anything!!! Again....Annie is sweet and cute! Just luck!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

MerkySky is offline Village VP

I want to thank everyone for their advice. I am sorry to say I am not getting the little girl. I made arrangements to meet where she wanted keeping all the advice in mind. I asked if she could bring mom or dad with and she said she did not have them. I thought to myself ok that is fine. But when I asked for her to bring me a copy of the vet visit that showed she had the pups first shots and wormed she said she did not have it. Now I called her early this morning so I thought she could have gotten a hold of one. I offered her my business fax number and asked if she minded calling her vet giving them my fax number and permission to fax a copy to me. She said no and was a bit upset with me. Her asking price was 200.00 and she wanted to add 25.00 more to meet me! This was new just today she did not mention that when she first said she would rather meet someplace like 15 min from her house. I talked to my husband and he and I decided that her refusing to give me the vet papers of proof of shots and worming and then adding 25.00 to meet me 15 min from her house was not good business. I hope we were not to picky I just politely said no and thanked her for her time.
    I will keep looking and maybe try a breeder and pay a little more money. Thanks all for the help.
    Last edited by MerkySky; 12-21-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Bugoneal is offline Village Featherpug

I believe you made a good choice. Just saying.........
    MerkySky likes this.
    ~~mary - loved by Colbie the Vizsla Pug, plus many featherpugs! Remembering our heart pugs Bug and Sugar at the Rainbow Bridge with Sissy the Chihuahua Pug

MerkySky is offline Village VP

Thank u have been feeling pretty sad but I also think it was a good choice. Looking for pug rescue in my area not finding any and the humane societies do not have any pugs available. Found a breeder but they are all show pug at a price of two thousand or more I would be happy with a rescue pug if I can find one or a seller closer to me!

shaynapug is online now True Village Royalty

I know a wonderful breeder in IN. She also takes in rescues. I don't know if she has any puppies or if you could afford one....but there is a possibility of a rescue also. I will private message you once I hear from her.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

'there may never have been a puppy---it all could have been a set up--you showed careful planning and a lot of patience, probably more than I would have done--I am sure that ShaynaPug will be your best resource---be sure to take lots of pics of your new arrival
    BeachyKeen, Suri, CSollers and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast