Seller wont meet me at her house
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Seller wont meet me at her house

MerkySky is offline Village VP

Default Seller wont meet me at her house

Hi,
    Well I called to seller to see if she still has the brindle bug female 3 month old pup. She is asking 200.00 with first set of shots and worms and limited health guarantee! That is ok with me, BUT she does not want to meet at her house she wants to meet about 15 mins from her house. I do not trust this. I have never gotten a pup with out seeing the home of where they live. With that said a part of me wants to go get the pup feeling like it is not in a good situation. But again I have no idea what I would be getting into. I think I am going to have to pass and try and find a seller that will let me see all the pups and where they are being taken care of. Am feeling very disappointed.
    Thank you to all who chimed in to help me with my questions.
    MerkySky

RubyRose is offline Village Governor

Yes, sadly this doesn't sound good at all. As much as I know your heart must want to save this pup from a bad situation, you are right to walk away.

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

CL begs sellers never to meet anyone at the house for safety reasons. We have had a shooting/double murder in this county ten years ago which was the direct result of a murderer posing as a puppy buyer--killing both the woman selling the puppy and the friend working in the barn. I would buy the puppy, go directly to the vet and get the puppy on a puppy shot and spay plan, not forgetting to have a fecal done.
    Poochysforever and Lisanne like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Thank you I needed to hear that as I am still struggling with it. It just kills me to think this pup is not being taken care of and maybe I am wrong. But it just does not feel like a good situation. I do not want to sound harsh but I want a healthy happy pup.
    Thanks have a good day

oh wow I never thought of that and I was going to take my son with me. Well that adds another level of consideration. I did not see this post till after I read the other one about not doing it. I will give it more thought.
    Thanks

BeachyKeen is offline Village Pet Party Planner

That's what I thought of, too: safety reasons for the seller. It may be nothing more sinister than that.
    Patricia
    PV Moderator
    Mom to Phineas and the Fabulous Felines

And always remembering and missing Phoebe, my heart girl

"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet..." ~ Edith Wharton

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

If safety considerations might be in play then can you not arrange to meet the seller minus the dog away from her home and if you each think the other is genuine you can proceed to her home to get the dog?

I personally wouldn't touch this with a barge pole. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

RubyRose is offline Village Governor

Quote Originally Posted by Snifter View Post
    If safety considerations might be in play then can you not arrange to meet the seller minus the dog away from her home and if you each think the other is genuine you can proceed to her home to get the dog?

I personally wouldn't touch this with a barge pole. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    That sounds like a good solution, I hadn't even thought of the safety implications either!

Chelli is offline Village Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by MerkySky View Post
    Hi,
    Well I called to seller to see if she still has the brindle bug female 3 month old pup. She is asking 200.00 with first set of shots and worms and limited health guarantee! That is ok with me, BUT she does not want to meet at her house she wants to meet about 15 mins from her house. I do not trust this. I have never gotten a pup with out seeing the home of where they live. With that said a part of me wants to go get the pup feeling like it is not in a good situation. But again I have no idea what I would be getting into. I think I am going to have to pass and try and find a seller that will let me see all the pups and where they are being taken care of. Am feeling very disappointed.
    Thank you to all who chimed in to help me with my questions.
    MerkySky
    I bought my Seamus under similar situations that you are describing. The seller didn't want to meet me at her house because she said she has a psycho ex and wanted to keep safe. Although Seamus is the largest pug mix that I've ever heard of, he has been such a joy. Follow your gut and take someone with you should you decide to take this baby.

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

I thought of safety too, maybe she could bring the mom of the pup with her, so you can meet her. You can also tell her your concerns and see how she responds.
    Susan, mom to Bo, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast