Need prayers - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Need prayers

freak is offline Village Royalty

Yes she is apricot but I keep her trimmed down to keep her cool ,so she looks fawn sometimes.

Grendel's mama is offline New to the Village

My best thoughts for you and yours and little Riley.
    I just joined this forum after seeing a post to pray for a 'little Grendel'. I wanted to send a prayer to the post and it took forever to register and I can't find the 'Candle' to light for little Grendel.
    Happy to find you and I wish Riley a speedy recovery.
    We had our own little Grendel and we lost him almost two years ago this March 29th. I know the worry and heartache for a sick pug. I know your little guy will recover brilliantly. Remember to cherish each moment with him, I know you have and will.
    Ciao bella!
    Grendel's Mama
    freak likes this.

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel's mama View Post
    My best thoughts for you and yours and little Riley.
    I just joined this forum after seeing a post to pray for a 'little Grendel'. I wanted to send a prayer to the post and it took forever to register and I can't find the 'Candle' to light for little Grendel.
    Happy to find you and I wish Riley a speedy recovery.
    We had our own little Grendel and we lost him almost two years ago this March 29th. I know the worry and heartache for a sick pug. I know your little guy will recover brilliantly. Remember to cherish each moment with him, I know you have and will.
    Ciao bella!
    Grendel's Mama
    Look under the Prayer Request forum for the thread A Candle for Grendel and under the Paws to Remember "Dead at Sixteen" to read about Grendel. Also to PugVillage.
    Last edited by Lu Ci and Ri Ki; 01-04-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    freak likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

ZoeZoesmom is offline Village Royalty

Many good thoughts and prayers from us.
    freak likes this.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

~Maya Angelou

@}-;-Dawn, Momma to Diesel my Pug love and Sicily the tiny Chihuahua ...my loves
    Missing my big boy...^Tuxedo^, Mommy's Landseer and my heart ^Zoe ^my first Pug❤️
    Gizmo my purr-baby, ^Dega^ , my furry angel watching over me from The Rainbow Bridge

Jenny101 is offline Village Puppy

Me and my 2 pug girls will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers! We are sending you pug hugs
    freak likes this.

Russ is offline Village Royalty
    Northern Virginia-Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I am glad she is mending.
    freak likes this.

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Grendel's mama--the candle is on the list of "smilies." When you are typing a reply, see the little yellow smiley face just above the reply box, click on it, & you will see the list of all the smilies--then click on the candle to put it into your post, or you can type it like it shows right under the candle.
    freak likes this.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Cheryl7777 is offline Village Admiral

I'm glad Riley is confining to improve. I hope you and your wife are feeling better too. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers as you fight those nasty heart worms.
    freak likes this.

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    Ok the doc just called and little buddy does have heart worms. She said we have to get her over the pneumonia before we start on the heart worms. She explained why last night. I guess the heart worm meds break up the worms into small pieces and then create even more breathing issues. She sleeping next to me right now, we have layed in bed watching tv all day other than to eat and drink. I catch myself staring at her and I am so blessed that she's still here. :)
    Brings a tear to this old mans eye .i love her so much it almost hurts. But she is so worth it :-)
    She's has brought me and so many other people a lot of joy since we got her. She is a really sweet girl and melts everyone's heart she comes in contact with. Everyone at the pug events we attend always wants there turn to hold and pet her.
    Please discuss slow kill method with your vet. It uses doxy and ivermectin. There is also the use of doxy before immiticide, another alternative. Then there's the fast kill, but more dangerous method. In rescue they mostly do fast kill with back to back immiticide shots, then crate rest for at least 30 days. Most of them are then ok to adopt. I've only had 3 in 4 years that died within the first 3 or 4 days after receiving the injections. They can stage the heartworm disease by xray to see how severe it is. I've had one necropsied and his worms were 18 inches long. Milder infections are easier on the body. You need to start boosting the immune system right now as riley is on lots meds including an antibiotic which can disturb normal gut flora where the immune system is. She needs a strong immune system to eat up the dying worms. They are eaten by the immune system, not peed or pooped out of the body and the immune system starts in a dogs gut.

I've also had HW dogs who do absolutely fabulous with treatment. Just 3 that did not.

DogAware.com Health: Heartworm Disease in Dogs - Prevention and Treatment

Detect Areas with Parasite Infection through Online Maps

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites...heartworm.aspx

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites...-pet-meds.aspx

Also in some areas certain heartworm preventatives are becoming less effective.
    Last edited by pugtown; 01-05-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and freak like this.

freak is offline Village Royalty

Well today is a good day. Little buddy is doing really good on her meds , we start backing her off the meds Wednesday so we shall see how she does then. Vet appt for the 16 th to check the lungs etc. she's sitting next to me watching football and doing great. She still gets winded when she runs out to potty then back in ,but it quickly goes away.
    I will be able to go back to work tomorrow with good vibes and feelings :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast