Never give up on your rescue!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Never give up on your rescue!

vinknee is offline Village Mayor

Default Never give up on your rescue!

It will be two years next month since adopting my little Pug boy Luigi.
    Finally, he now will on occasion jump on my lap and give me a lick or two.
    I know this may be a dumb thing to post. But to me it shows that with time
    a rescue will recover from past abuse.
    Last edited by vinknee; 01-05-2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added picture of my boy Luigi when I first got him.

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

It is far from dumb, it is quite a wonderful thing.

freak is offline Village Royalty

It is a great feeling when they start becoming your buddy and life long friend. I watched Riley progress in to the wonderful little girl she is today.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

lihuesue is offline Village Senator

I have had three rescues... two that were abused in one form or another. Those two have come around and are the sweetest doggies ever! The one still scarfs up his food like it is his last meal (which makes me feel really bad because I promised him that he would never have to worry about anything again.. just be a happy lil puggie). Even with the fast break bowls, he is so food driven... I don't think he ever knew when his next meal would be or what is was going to be. The other still cowers down if you pick up a paper to read... he's getting better... it does take a lot of time an patience, but sure worth it when you see a good change (ever so small as it may be) and the trust and love they start to put forward.... makes is totally worth while!!

My third rescue was more of take over... his original owner (who treated him very well and trained him too) went into assisted living and not allowed to bring him... he went to a farmer were he wasn't happy... we found him outside a store in town and the farmer asked if we wanted a dog... He was our English Cocker, Nicky. Nicky was the best buddy anyone could ever ask for.... Only thing that always made me sad is that Nicky would always be looking for his master. Every time when we were riding in the car, he was on the look out.. when he would see a man walking along the street, he would start to wimper... in hopes he would find him.

I know he was well treated and trained... sometimes I would do something with my hands and he would react... if I told him to guard and protect, he would go out one of the doggie doors and patrol the yard perimeter... Smart boy... and nice doggie... He was with us since 1998. He is now at Rainbow Bridge, a week before Thanksgiving. He had a quick growing tumor that was blocking his airway... there was really nothing we could do, I would not put a senior though chemo... the vet said that she's seen these tumors grow in less than a week... Hopefully Nicky is reunited with his master now... I know he loved us and had a good life... but someone was missing in his life... we were stand-ins and caretakers for him until he could be reunited with his true master. When he got here the vet said he was at least one or two years old... So, he could have been 15 to 17 years old when he left us, and still so very agile... damn cancer! Sure, he was not seeing or hearing as well, but always in great health, he just had his blood work done (which was great) and a dental too.... he loved life, food, his peoples and a good chew on a bully stick! He protected all of the others from any critters that might think they would want to come into his yard too! Can you tell I really miss him?

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

I have to 2 rescues here that are proof of this too..
    never give up
    it takes time............but they will surprise you in the end with soo much more love then you can imagine
    they will always have some issues they deal with it........but it is well worth it in the end
    A pugs world is full of play and sleep and of course good food.........

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Not a dumb thing to post at all! It is heartwarming to read of Luigi's progress. Some rescues take longer than other's to recover from their past life, but time, love and training can help them become a happier and healthier pug. Thank you for helping Luigi.
    I would love to see Luigi's picture!
    vinknee, freak and three boys mom like this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug and Noodles the Frenchie
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Katie <3 Nano is offline Village Senator

Aw it's a sweet thing to post! I'm so glad to hear of the progress that Luigi is making :)
    Pug Momma to Nano the Handsome!

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

He is a handsome boy.
    vinknee and freak like this.

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Awesome picture of Luigi. Rescues are awesome! Sometimes they are so appreciative, because they know what it is like to live without love and care.
    vinknee, freak and three boys mom like this.

Rufus Pug Bug is offline Village Senator

It's always so nice to read about poor dogs who suffered past abuse going on to loving homes and coming out of their shell and living the life they always should of had. Well done to you and Luigi (love the name btw!)
    vinknee likes this.
    Rufus, my curly tailed best friend x

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast