Picking up Reggie tomorrow! - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Picking up Reggie tomorrow!

Rugbysmom is online now Village Royalty

Congratulations, he is adorable! It sounds like he is settling in very nicely already! As far as walks, he really shouldn't go on any neighborhood walks where other dogs have been until he has had all his shots--usually around 16 weeks. Parvo & Distemper are extremely contagious...
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Reggie Rook is offline Village Puppy

He has had those shots already. We're going in for a booster Tuesday and both our breeder and puppy school have said short morning walks are ok. Our walk this morning included mostly me walking and Reg being carried anyway. ;)

Tiny's Mum is offline Village VP

Are you from Canberra (Yass at the moment) or have we another pug owner from Australia? Regdie is a wonderful little pug, so cute and cuddly. I love the photo of him slumped over the side of his bed. Our Tiny often sleeps like that - goodness knows what it does to her neck but she seems quite comfortable in that position.

The weather here has been been very hot and hopefully you weren't in any danger from the bushfires down that way. Tiny likes to lie flat out on her tummy on the cold concrete or shaded back verandah when it is hot. Concrete is cooling and the breeze comes up between the floor boards. We have found Tiny likes being outside as it is cooler for her as we enjoy bay breezes on most days. One of us is usually within her sight so she doesn't feel alone. (Cricket is on TV at the moment so my husband is watching it with Tiny lying just outside the door.) The sky is very dark at the moment so hopefully we will enjoy some decent rain tonight.

Don't forget to ask your vet for the best tick preventative for Reggie. We use Advantix for Tiny as my husband doesn't like any sort of collar on her.
    Last edited by Tiny's Mum; 01-20-2013 at 02:06 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

We're in Greenslopes in Brisbane. So not so far away from you really! We are in a second floor unit and Reggie has been enjoying resting on the veranda catching the breeze. We do get a great breeze here almost always which is lucky. We've been sharing a similar cricket scenario this afternoon.
    We are planning on using Advantix on Reggie, he had a dose Friday night before we brought him home so we will order some before he is due for reapplication. Reggie will wear a collar and harness while out of the apartment but I don't plan on him wearing it while inside. He has it on at the moment because I want him to get used to wearing it, especially before we start puppy preschool tomorrow night. :-)

Tiny's Mum is offline Village VP

Great to know someone is so close to us. I lived in Ekibin (now Tarragindi) before I was married, 41 years ago and know the Greenslopes area well. You are so lucky to have found a unit where a dog is allowed and you have access to parks around you.

Although Tiny doesn't go out of the yard very often as she has quite a good area to run around in, we use Advantix regularly because of the risk of possums, birds or other wildlife, dropping a paralysis tick in the garden. She loves to explore her 'jungle' in the back garden and the thought of her getting a tick is too scary to risk.

Yeah it's great. My partner is on the body corporate and he put in a very convincing case when we were petitioning for a dog last year. Reggie has been a perfect unit pug so far, never too noisy and so well behaved. It helps that he has such an adorable face, winning over everyone wherever he goes.

We were to start preschool tonight but because of the rain it has been postponed. We are very disappointed as we were keen to meet some new friends. Typical Brisbane, it only ever rains when you have plans! We certainly do need it though so I won't grumble too much.

PugMa is offline Village Admiral

Oh My Goodness! He is precious!
    Kim
    Ma to Joy
    &
    MuShu & Kaya's Grand"Ma"'

"A dog naps so much because he loves so hard."

najohn is offline Village Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Rook View Post
    Some photos of Reggie this morning. Tuckered out after an exciting morning.

Mighty fine looking boy he is!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234