Horrible time at pet store. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Horrible time at pet store.

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

I was told by the vet that the dew claw serves no purpose at all......
    I have seen a dog rip the dew claw right off his paw one time
    all my dogs have their dew claws but I watch them closely
    some breeders have them taken out when the pups are very very young
    Cookie likes this.
    A pugs world is full of play and sleep and of course good food.........

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by SiennasMommy View Post
    Rant away, MerkySky! Good for you for walking out when Cruisers thumb got caught. You've got to protect your baby!

BTW, I hate it when the vets cut off the thumbs. The breeder I bought Sienna from has the thumbs ("dew claw") cut off when they are puppies. I don't believe in that. God put that thumb there for a reason and I've seen Sienna use her thumb.
    sounds like Sienna had a good breeder....sometimes the backyard breeders don't cut off the dew claws.....they really aren't thumbs, they get caught on stuff and rip out......they aren't necessary......and most dogs are better off without them!
    Cookie likes this.

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire - 3/15/06 - 6/30/22
    and my 4 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14
    the very special Frannie, the tiniest baby girl pug we ever knew - came into our lives 12/18/16 - 6/26/21

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Sienna did not have a good breeder. He was a puppy miller. She spent the first year of her life in a pull barn with no heat or air conditioning (Michigan Indiana border). She was so skinny, the breeder (woman who bought Sienna, but has her puppys dew claws removed by a vet) thought she had worms, but she was clean. Puppy millers don't use vets as they cost too much money. You don't want to know how they debark the breeder dogs (I cried when I found out.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by SiennasMommy View Post
    Sienna did not have a good breeder. He was a puppy miller. She spent the first year of her life in a pull barn with no heat or air conditioning (Michigan Indiana border). She was so skinny, the breeder (woman who bought Sienna, but has her puppys dew claws removed by a vet) thought she had worms, but she was clean. Puppy millers don't use vets as they cost too much money. You don't want to know how they debark the breeder dogs (I cried when I found out.)
    There's a special place in hell for puppy millers! Or kharmic consequences according to your beliefs.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

JeffRi is offline Village Puppy

If I ever took my pug to a pet store and they did that I would sue them. Just outright I would tell them they would be hearing from my lawyer. My pug is my little girl and if anyone hurts her there butt is mine.

Frodos mom is offline Village Admiral

We have a Pets Plus near us.They are always friendly and courteuos and knowledgable.I'm sure no matter where you go though there is a bad apple.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12