Cruiser pacing?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cruiser pacing?

MerkySky is offline Village VP

Default Cruiser pacing?

Cruiser is constantly pacing if he is not playing sleeping or eating . He will walk circles around and around or back and forth he will go. And lord help me if by chance one of the dog dishes is down on the floor with food. He makes his rounds though the house for the other dishes. He and Tye eat in their crate or Tye eats outside when he is out there. The other dog Avery will be moving out soon so that wont be a issue anymore and I can give Cruiser free roam of the house. As it is now I have to walk and pick up all dishes then let him out in the rest of the house.
    He is eating good, just acts like he is ALWAYS hungry. He is drinking enough, going pee and poo ok. Has energy and gets lots of exercise. I walk him and Tye about 5 times a day for potty times and then they play like crazy till they are warn out. I have no idea how he has energy to pace. Could it be a nervous issue? I do not think I know for sure what that looks like or what a vet would say that looks like. But if I would have to guess I would say my Romeo has a nervous issue and Avery does also those two act skiddish. Cruise does not.
    Does any of your pugs do this and if not any idea what is going on. I have to go get his heart worm med tomorrow I was going to just go in with out him as I am pretty sure he is still around 21 pounds I do not think he is 25 which is the cut off for the one heart worm he is on. But maybe I will just take him and in anyway.
    Thanks
    When you are no longer afraid do you begin to live! MerkySky

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

Can you take a video of the pacing? Is there anything else going on - circling, head pressing, head tilting that would suggest something going on? You haven't had him for that long... my guess is that he's still adjusting and is feeling restless. Leto was also restless when he first came to us.
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Some pugs will eat any and everything......Like Stormy!!!!!

Some pugs are more active than others! Has his behavior changed?????

In the pics the other day with you, he was really cuddly and relaxed....
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wally 'n' Leto View Post
    Can you take a video of the pacing? Is there anything else going on - circling, head pressing, head tilting that would suggest something going on? You haven't had him for that long... my guess is that he's still adjusting and is feeling restless. Leto was also restless when he first came to us.
    No head tilting or head pressing so maybe just a high energy dog. I am going to take him in to get weight today so I get the right dose of heart worm for him even tho I am pretty sure he is not 25 pounds hubby keeps telling me his is heavy. I think hubby is just not use to a sturdy dog. He really has only had Cruiser on his lap when we went to pick Cruiser up and that was not for very long. All the other times Cruiser is on me and hubby petting him. Yesterday Hubby was on the floor and Cruiser walked over to him then started to come to me and hubby acted all hurt that Cruiser was not choosing his lap to sit in so he went to pick Cruiser up and that is when all the grunting from both hubby and Cruiser began. I will ask at vet and have her give him the once over. I will take video next time he does it just have to figure out how to post videos.

Quote Originally Posted by shaynapug View Post
    Some pugs will eat any and everything......Like Stormy!!!!!

Some pugs are more active than others! Has his behavior changed?????

In the pics the other day with you, he was really cuddly and relaxed....
    Cruiser is still really cuddly and relaxed at moments of down time from playing or when he is just ready to hang out. Maybe I am being overly paranoid. I am still learning all the health issues with this breed and some sound very scary. Not sure if I actually came across one that has just pacing!
    Thanks

Wally 'n' Leto is offline Pugzu Guru

I agree with you how stressful it is.. I think Leto was at the vet's every week for the first 3 months!!!
    Heather, Mommy to skinkid Toby and furkids Sir Wally of Pugzu and Duke Leto Prancypants the Fragrant.

Also Mom to Archer the Canadian X and Willow the Paint.

Main squeeze of high school sweetie Scot.

+ Reply to Thread