Home Visit
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home Visit

EmbEtc is offline Village Puppy

Default Home Visit

Well remember that we were talking about adopting another dog? I have filled out 3 sets of adoption applications just in case we meet these pups and fall in love. They are all at least 40 minutes to 1.5 hours away, so I want to be prepared.

This morning I got an email back from one of them stating that we can go and visit the pup this weekend and that they are still checking my references. Also they informed me that if it is love at first sight, this will need to schedule a home visit to make sure that we are good candidates. I really feel like these folks are going the extra mile and really appreciate them being thorough. But now I will have to clean the house!!!!

I have narrowed the list down to 3 pups that I think would be great. One of them may be smaller (Beagle / Jack Russell Terrier Mix) than hubby wants and another may be a little larger (Boxer / Lab Mix) than I want :-D Of course, hubby is flip flopping now between I was just thinking about another dog and lets go to the pound and see what is there twice in 1 weekend. But thankfully, I was put into his life to make absolute decisions (even if they are not all that great, at least I make one).

Wish me luck and cooperation (from the other 5 people in my house) in cleaning it up!
    Debi

PS. Java was spayed yesterday and all went well. We used the new vet that we switched to instead of the humane society who killed our last puppy. We spent the day being very nervous but the vet was understanding and called us immediately when little Java woke up!

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Prayers you get the right fit for your family.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

For the house visit....they don't expect an emaculate house....They are looking for the safety of the dog......Yard......stairs.......etc. I'd have to clean up a bit too..but I've done home visits for our club....if there are toys on the floor...so what....... As long as there's no stuff the dog can get into ......and it's a good safe haven....That's all they care about! Will they have you bring your Java with you to meet the new addition???
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Cheryl7777 is offline Village Admiral

Be careful and take your time in making your decision. Decisions made in haste are usually regretted for the long run. It sounds like you are weighing all the options and taking your time so that is very good. Good luck and keep us posted in what new fury baby will join your family.

EmbEtc is offline Village Puppy

I think that I will take our eldest pug - 17month old pixie with us to the visit to see how they get along since pixie is the one in charge at home. Java is 5months and Bit is 6 months.

I wish it was just toys around! My 4 kids are 21, 20, 18 & 17 and boy are they messy!!!! I dont go in their rooms without cringing.

I am a bit nervous and excited to see what happens. I am ready for a pup of our own. All of our puglets are my sons. It will be nice not to be woken up at 1am from one of them coming to get their puglet out of our bed!

Debi

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

If it were my club, they'd want to make sure that the kids never leave anything on the floor of their room that could make the dog sick....LOL!!!!! But I'd just be asking you that question!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

+ Reply to Thread