My new pug puppy is driving me mad:( - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: My new pug puppy is driving me mad:(

GotPugs is offline Village Senator

She's just that a "puppy" and she could be that way for a year or more. If you can train her fully by 1 yr old you'll be doing good. It sounds as if you got the wrong breed if you expect her to be potty trained in weeks. It will be for like months.

Winnie the pug is offline Village Puppy

if you were to consider parting with her let us know she would be an excellent friend to our winnie i am sure :)
    ODemPugz likes this.

Franky*myboy* is offline Village Mayor

Be patient, its frustrating specially cause pugs could be stubborn. Enjoy your little one but be consistent they are treat motivated so everytime she does something good give her a treat! Taking her on walks will be good, release some energy :)

Franky's trainer told me " A tired dog is a good dog" :) good luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Otis89 is offline Village Mayor

All good advice so far- I'll just add that it does get better, Otis was a pain to house break, and was also a screamer and a toe nipper. It takes time, but they do grow out of it, be patient :)
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and ODemPugz like this.
    Jenn & Otis

Debbie prince is offline Village Puppy

At to smile when reading this because I have had and bred Alaskan Malamutes and coming out the breed . I started my search for a new dog and decided on a pug so Ugo came to join us Auguest last year . I thought pugs was laid back but I had done home work on them but was shocked at how lively they was . He house trained not to bad took a couple of months , but then I decided I wanted another pug some one for him to play with . So Tilly joined the family must say she is calmer than Ugo but I am having trouble house training her but keep going . Her breeder had paper trained her so at least if I do put paper down she will use that ... Waiting for the summer to try and get her fully house trained , I find them stubborn to but am used to that because malamutes are the same I also had Samoyeds for 14 years .. But on a good note I love the pugs cheeky face the way they follow u everywhere and love you love there small but compact body's .. Mine both get on the settee with me when hubby at work and both are brill with my 4 year old
    emilina likes this.

TootsLayla is offline Village Mayor

Please don't have negative thoughts, and any regrets. Think positive, and research all the areas that your little one needs help with, ask ask ask and try try try. Things will eventually fall into place, but it takes time. Even us humans don't get things right the first time, and we all make mistakes which we dont always learn from so puppies can't be expected too either.

You are in the right place to get advice, and the people on here will help you through the difficult times and help you with your puppy. The first thing is to ask for help which you've done, so good luck in putting strategies into place and working through the issues that need to be addressed.

What works for one dog may not work for another, so there will be trial and error, but give it time before ruling one method out and trying something else.

mary ann is offline Village Puppy

ginger took about a year but what finally worked was the bells on the door. just make your pug ring them every time you go out, with a foot or a face, and never go out without doing it. she bit and chewed some furniture when she was smaller, but we just had the floor littered with toys all the time and that helped a lot. just be patient, and repetition does eventually work. good luck!

feathers83 is offline Village Puppy

My puppy can drive me crazy too. Still working on potty training at 9 months but the biting and barking has improved a lot, so hold in there! One thing that really helps Eisley (9months) at night is I bought a white noise machine and put it near where she sleeps. It helps because she doesn't hear every little noise and start barking at it. It was a life saver!

mieu is offline Village Senator

In a moment of weakness I taught Scootaloo to 'speak' on command, now she 'speaks' whenever she wants something (she never made a peep before that) but that includes going outside! She will actually go to the door and bark if she thinks I'm paying attention. She loves to go outside, make it as positive an experience as possible and they will be motivated to hold it at least as long as it takes you to get your shoes on and leash in-hand (but catching them sniffing around is still up to you!)
    ODemPugz likes this.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, till the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Scootaloo's Page!

eunicorn is offline New to the Village

Hey guys. I got Vader 2 weeks ago, and i am absolutely inlove with him and I do not regret having him in any way, but how can I make him stop biting everyone in the house and barking at everyone. I got a pug because I heard pugs are stubborn, and friendly with almost everyone and loves playing with other dogs, and I have met pugs like that too but Vader is the opposite of those description. He's just 3 months, I'm hoping that's it. How about you, what do you guys think?
    Pug mum to Vader

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast