For those who have(or had) hyper pugs....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: For those who have(or had) hyper pugs....

EmmaDemma is offline Village Governor

Default For those who have(or had) hyper pugs....

Did they ever find "peace"? LOL
    And was it all of a sudden or a gradual change in their hyperactivity?

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

I still have the hyper demon dog Elvis, just ask Buddy who is so laid back it is funny. So I would love to know when Elvis will slow down, lol.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

EmmaDemma is offline Village Governor

LOL
    Quite honestly, I don't care if Emma ever settles down. She keeps me sane and young xD
    RubyRose likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Pug Mom Claire is offline Village Admiral

Louie (11+) took quite awhile to settle...he was one crazy guy...still a little crazy, but think that's just his old age.
    He sleeps a LOT now, like typical old men...sorta miss that wild Pug nut that he was...

pippa is offline Village Mayor

Pip is still a demon. VERY VERY occasionally she will sleep all day and be super sucky and lay about like a lazy pants but most of the time she's either running around smelling everything (the old owners of our house had an older male Pug), whipping her toys violently at me or whipping her toys violently at the television or running around the backyard whipping her toys violently at everything out there.
    RubyRose and Napoleon_NZ like this.

Frida is offline Village Governor

Popeye has his crazy days and his calm days, but definitely more crazy days (when he's not sick). He's been healthy for the last two months, and I must admit it's so nice to see him playing and running around again! He's calmed down since he was a puppy (he was restless back then, until at least 1.5 years)! But I'm with you on this- I hope to have many more hyper years with him! =)

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

Lifestyle and routine can play a part. I work nights so I'm in bed during the day off and on and so are the boys. When I get up, they get up. They don't do anything except bark at cars going by my bedroom window or chew on bones.

RubyRose is offline Village Governor

Quote Originally Posted by pippa View Post
    whipping her toys violently at me or whipping her toys violently at the television or running around the backyard whipping her toys violently at everything out there.
    This made me laugh, Paddy's the same! He was Captain Chaos for the first year of his life but now he's just over the 18 month mark I've noticed a gradual calming down. The puppy days were a slog at times to be honest but he's really fun to be with now.

Franky*myboy* is offline Village Mayor

Well Franky is still energetic and runs like crazy when he sees people he loves :) sometimes it is overwhelming since I live in a small place but man when he sleeps I miss that :)

MuShu Mom is offline Village Royalty

My Miss MuShu was an absolute DEMON DOG when she was a puppy!! I was sooooo frustrated and soooo exhausted with her. When we would go to the vet, the vet noticed how exhausted I was with MuShu. She told me to hang in there, it would pass, but probably not until she turned 3 years old. THREE YEARS?!!!!! I thought puppies matured at age one, or at the most, age two! I seriously wondered if either of us would survive that long! LOL! MuShu was just too smart for her own good and, of course, a couple of females tend to do battles of the will, eh? Well, almost to the day or month of age three, my MuShu had really, really, really calmed down! She is the just the best behaved dog. (99 % of the time - hee, hee). People at the pug meets just refuse to believe my tales of naughty, hyper MuShu! NO, not MuShu! they say. It is so funny. However, I did swear off ever getting a puppy again. It is too much work. Too much responsibility to teach and train constantly. I have a soft spot for the seniors and rescue (my first pug was a rescue from the pound and the sweetest, most grateful dog ever!) so I will rescue after my Mu leaves this world. I would just tell you that, in my case, it worked out. I had to be consistent with the discipline, mixed with lots of love, play and spoiling, but it was sure worth it. She is a great companion to me. Keep us posted on your "journey"!

ON THE EIGHTH DAY, GOD CREATED PUGS !

Hopelessly "Pugged" ,

Cheri

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast