+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By Turtelly
  • 1 Post By shaynapug

Thread: Coat/Harness Advice Please

Turtelly is offline Village Puppy

Default Coat/Harness Advice Please

Hello,
    I would really appreciate your advice please... My gorgeous little 5 month old Margo has 2 Puppia step into jacket harnesses however she also needs a jacket to go over the top as she gets cold when we're dog training. Does anyone know whether I have to stick to Puppia coats or can anyone recommend a brand that would also match the harness with it's lead hole position?
    Many thanks
    Kat

PS. I love this forum... Thank you all for the advice I have gathered from various posts and also the sanity it has given me during Margo's crazy puppy moments!

Jacqui is offline Village VP

I'm sorry, I can't answer your question, though I'm certain there will be many on here who can. But what I can say is that is one cute pug you have there! Welcome
    Jacqui, mum to 3 human children and 3 furkids - Logie the pug, Luca the flat coat and Oskar the tabby cat

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Hello & to the village! I can't answer that question either but wanted to welcome you aboard! Your little girl is a beauty! We use a Lupine step-in harness and I adjust it to go over Tinker's sweater.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Turtelly is offline Village Puppy

Default Thank you

for your replies, she is an adorable bundle when she is not biting me or hanging off my clothes :)

Hopefully someone can help as I don't really want to keep buying Puppia outfits when alternatives could be available.

Kx

z28susan is offline Village Mayor

I got a coat for my little girl pug at Petco and the reason I love it so much is that it zippers up the back and the leash clips are sewn into the coat, so no need for separate coat and harness! I'm not sure what brand it is, but like I said it came from Petco. I am going to look to see if I can get one for our male pug because it is very annoying trying to find a coat with the holes lined up properly for the harness.
    Susan

lihuesue is offline Village Senator

I've been known to just find a coat that fits well over the harness... and if the holes don't match up... then cut a new one where it needs to be and just a few stitches around the new hole will work perfectly!

She's so little that she will grow out of whatever you buy for her before the next winter. Once she stops growing, then look for everything that matches...

PeachesMom is offline Village Admiral

She is gorgeous!

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Richardson's harnesses have a harness sewn into it.. and also a nice secure buckle for you to put your leash!
    Rugbysmom likes this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

odaisy is offline Village Puppy

have you been to pets at home? you can take margo in there and try the outfits on. last year i got a fleece with a hole for the lead. they also stock outfits with a d ring on for the lead, bit like an outfit harness. they have a website too so see if anything takes your fancy
    there are some on amazon

just googled harness coats and found one called 1Z pronounced onesie looks good and water repellent, they have some on amazon.co.uk

good luck
    ev
    Last edited by odaisy; 02-06-2014 at 03:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread