Official *Picture* thread for "Felt Pugley's World Tour" - Page 26
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Like Tree1741Likes

Thread: Official *Picture* thread for "Felt Pugley's World Tour"

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Fabulous start to FP's adventures in South Africa. Thank you so much for the history lesson and gorgeous photos. What a beautiful place.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

What a beautiful place! I loved all the pictures. And I learned so much from your post!!

FP is one lucky felt pug to get to travel and visit these places!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

We had a slight setback yesterday, little Talos's rear leg is acting up, so in stead of agility and a mosque visit, Feltie got to hold Talos's paw during her acupuncture treatment.

Our vet was incredibly amused by all this, and offered Feltie a needle or two so he could be ready to face his journey with renewed vigor, but he looked a little pale and politely declined.

Afterwards, he took us out for Pizza, and we got to hear all about how he managed to finally make it to South Africa.

"It all started when we boarded the airplane in Canada. The usual airport tedium of customs and security checks completed, they put me in the international mail subsection, in a large, comfortable bag. I settled in for the flight, but I could not shake the feeling that something was amiss. The letters around me were labeled in a language I did not read, which struck me as odd, South Africa having been sold to me as a place where English was spoken. Regardless, there is not much one can do once you've been sorted, and I had to put my trust in the system that had, so far, aided my travels most amenably."

He paused for dramatic effect, but also because the pizza had arrived. Hawaiian, nothing too unusual, except that this was one spicy Hawaiian! Ordering pizza at a Portuguese take out will do that, I guess.

"Where was I? Oh, the flight, yes. Long story short, we hit equatorial turbulence a mere two hours into the flight. I then knew things were wrong. Very, very wrong. We landed in the middle of a dense jungle, with no one in sight aside from a platoon of armed soldiers! They were tossing out mail and sorting through it, none too gently. I moved myself, my luggage, and my documentation to what I hoped was a safe spot to the one side, beneath a heavily fronded fern. I was sure that I was well hidden, which gave me a moment to admire the scenery. It was astonishing! The leaves were bigger and leafier than I had ever seen! Now, I assure you, I am well aware of my petite stature, and how that makes the world seem so much larger, but nothing compares to these leaves. I was nearly discovered when a man in a wheelchair rolled past me. This would have been doom, the other letters were mostly destroyed, being called "environmental bleeding heart protests" by the soldiers."

"The sun eventually began to set, and the severity of my situation was brought home to me. I had to get to South Africa! This, this forest, was most definitely not there. I had to get to a post office. My thoughts were interrupted by a rustling of leaves near me. Now, you had better sit down, because what appeared near me, what picked me up, ever so carefully, was a bright blue person of immense proportions! We were off, the person running through the forest at a speed you would not believe. The forest itself was pure magic, so much of its foliage bioluminescent, so many colours, all of which blurred together as I was carried off."

"I tried to call out, to speak to the person carrying me, but perhaps my voice was too soft, or perhaps she could not understand me? She placed me with other things she had gathered from the forest: a collection of oddly shaped branches, variously coloured stones, preserved insects, a truly humourously shaped tuber, and a skull. The skull drew and held my attention, not only because I was nearest to it, but also because it was made of the most extraordinary crystal - a feat of workmanship that seems impossible for the size of the hands that had so recently carried me."

"For several days, and several nights, I waited amongst her collection of items. She slept there at night, had a breakfast, left for the day and often came back tired, with evidence of struggles on her body. Were they engaged in some kind of war? Just as I was beginning to resign myself to life as a collected item, though, a man and a young boy burst through the door in the middle of the day. They were bickering about something, it was unclear to me exactly what. They could not have been particularly close, calling each other 'Mutt' and 'Old Man' respectively. 'Mutt', the boy, grabbed the skull, dislodging me. As I fell to the floor, I grabbed the attention of 'Old Man', who put me in his satchel. 'Mutt' disapproved, but 'Old Man' insisted that it might be important."

"I was glad to be moving again, but what a whirlwind it was to have landed with these most unfortunate humans! I have been spoilt by the kind and considerate treatment of the members of Pug Village. These men, and later, a woman too, had me running through the forest, nearly eaten by giant ants, nearly drowned in an ancient temple, and at the end of it, they didn't even manage to hold on to the skull they had gone through so much trouble to get to, nor on to me! A space ship, appearing as the temple sunk into its wet resting place, took me on board and disappeared into some kind of null space. The only positive thing I have to say about that whole experience is perhaps to compliment 'Old man' on his exceptional choice of hat."

Now, by this point, we had finished our pizza and had driven home. Justin and I were more than a bit suspicious of Mr. Pugley's story, but it would be rude to interrupt him. Even Talos was looking a bit suspicious, but she was both medicated with a mild muscle relaxant and being ridden by her ferret, so perhaps her opinion is not one to put too much stock in.

"The space ship's occupants seemed to realise they had made a mistake taking me aboard, though. They poked me for a short time, and laughed very rudely at my eyes, then sent me right back to the inside of a satchel. This one seemed to belong to some kind of mad doctor. There were several dental implements around me, but also, an astonishing assortment of ammunition and more guns than I figured such a satchel should hold. I felt the movement of a horse as I was carried along. Eventually, nightfall had my peculiar situation revealed - an older gentleman, traveling with a much younger companion that I could nearly swear was Jamie Foxx, the movie star. They were speaking of shooting techniques, it seemed the younger man was learning the bounty hunting trade from the elder."

"It gets mighty bloody from here on, so I will spare you the more unpleasant details. Safe to say, with me always carried along in that satchel, they hunted down an assortment of criminals, and freed a great number of slaves. This resulted in the older man being mortally wounded. The dying man entreated his young apprentice to get this letter (me) to a post office, as that is the last thing he has to complete in his life."

"The younger man agreed, and posted me at his earliest convenience. And so, it took me much, much longer to get here than anticipated, but hopefully, you now understand."

Later that night, I made sure everyone was safely in bed. In the dustbin, I noticed Feltie's air-ticket stub. Seems he traveled on Delta airlines, which was hopelessly delayed due to recent problems with flight routes - Malaysia airlines flights that got shot down causing quite a lot of restructuring in international flight plans. I'm pretty sure I can guess what movies he watched on in-flight entertainment, though. ;)
    Last edited by Nina_W; 07-25-2014 at 05:35 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

And I have to follow Nina????? Woman you really really need to write professionally. I love reading your posts.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Oh, FP, the sights you have seen and the places you have been and only Nina could tell your tale so brilliantly. I'm so sorry Talos has had a slight setback but she couldn't be in better hands. It looks like Talos has a mini-me in the photo of her with FP.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

What a story, FP!

I love the picture of Talos with FP. I think he should have tried the acupuncture! Maybe it would have helped with the jet lag!
    puglover22 likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

gemayer is offline Village Princess Puggy Pants

Great job glad he made it.

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

What an extraordinary adventure, riveting.
    puglover22 likes this.

sugarskullz is offline Village Adornista & SugarSkull Junkie

Hmmmmmmmm....................like Talos, I'm a little suspicious.................pretty sure I've seen those movies! LOL

Great story!
    Nina_W likes this.
    **Patrice - owned by Miss Lola Falana**

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

Feltie is on his way today, back to the USA. I have his tracking number (I'll send it to Wonka & Nilla - Amy - too, Christine, if you want it as well, let me know).

It's been great fun having him here, despite us not being able to get out quite as much as I would have wanted to.

Travel safely, Feltie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast