Grover died about an hour ago - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Grover died about an hour ago

Tiny's Mum is offline Village VP

I am so glad you will always have Grover close to your heart. As I read about what happened to Grover, I could feel your pain and I reached for the tissues. Life does suck at times, you have every right to feel angry and upset but try and let the happy thoughts and memories of Grover outshine the gloomy ones.

I am so pleased that you are having Grover cremated and, like you, I would want the precious ashes in an urn until you decide on a special place for him. The locket is a great idea. My husband is one to plan ahead and we have purchased a family plot at the cemetery where our parents and brothers are resting. One of the first things he asked the sexton was if it was possible to have Tiny's ashes buried there when the time comes. To our surprise, he said he didn't need to know who was in the urn and he was comfortable with whatever we wanted to do. I was surprised at how comforting this thought was to me.

groverthepug is offline Village Admiral

Last edited by groverthepug; 07-23-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Last edited by groverthepug; 07-23-2014 at 06:43 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

staticjess is offline Village Senator

Those are beautiful! What a great memorial for him!

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

Beautiful locket. The urns are beautiful, too -- a fitting resting place for such a beloved boy. Take care of yourself.
    See Lisa's (6 Beautiful Pugs) 'wishlist' for her grumble at the Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch and help them out at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w

6 Beautiful Pugs is offline Village Caretaker of the Old & Broken

When my late husband died, we made a wooden box for his ashes. The kids and I put them in ourselves and later we scattered them in the mountains. Now we have his keepsakes in it.

I have a ritual with my furbabies when they die. They are all buried in the yard and we plant a flowering shrub over them. I remove their collar just before I bury them and it goes onto my ceramic pug.

All except Zoe. My dear hubby was home the day she died, so he dug the hole for her. After I brought her home, I had her on the back patio, waiting for him to get the hole dug so I could bury her. Usually I have to do it all myself. I was handling a couple calls in the office and came out to see if hubby was done yet, to find him watching TV...I asked if it was ready and he said, it was done. I went out and he had already buried her!! OMG, I was so upset! Normally, just before I put them in the ground, I slip their collar off and put it on my ceramic pug with the others. It is when I tell them the last goodbye and I arrange them carefully in their grave like they were sleeping. I usually let the other dogs see them too. I didn't get her collar! I know he didn't know, he meant well and was trying to spare me the task, but I was so upset with him, and upset with myself for being so upset with him. It still makes me cry and it's stupid, I know. But it really bothers me. But I had to realize that Zoe has always done things her way and has always been a diva, so I guess it was her intervention so that she could keep her precious bling rather than go to her grave naked.

All of our rituals are about what gives us comfort, so do what makes you feel peace in your heart.

Take care,
    Lisa
    In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

- Mohandas Gandhi

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

What a touching ritual, Lisa. But I admit, I had to smile when you said that Zoe intervened so she "could keep her precious bling." I think the collar's absence might end up being an even more appropriate tribute.
    Suri, groverthepug and sugarskullz like this.
    See Lisa's (6 Beautiful Pugs) 'wishlist' for her grumble at the Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch and help them out at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I'm so sorry!!! Grover knew that he was loved ....deeply......and you did all you could do!!! Losing any dog is hard....harder when it's unexpected...and so much harder when he/she holds a very special part of your heart!!!

I let the ashes to my first pug blow in the wind at a stream we used to go walk around.

Now, that I have the house....I have a shrine in the corner of my living room. Wheezy, Shane, Dreamer, and Nikki are in a beautiful wooden box that my nephew made. As my others were getting older, I was beginning to worry as I had no place for them....so I had shelving put up. Each one has a shelf with ashes, a paw print, pictures, and some pug angels.

I have a large picture of Dreamer and Shane looking at me above my computer.

It helps and I feel like they are always with me!!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

Andrea, we are with you in your pain for what it it's worth. Another Pug will find it's way into your life and heart when you are ready.

Lisa, we are definitely feeling your pain. It is understood that dealing with the deaths of your Ranchers doesn't make it any easier whether it's the first lost or the tenth. Your strength of spirit is an inspiration to us all just as Zoe's was in her life.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

Last edited by groverthepug; 07-23-2014 at 06:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast