Grover died about an hour ago - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Grover died about an hour ago

glebou is offline Village Royalty

I have a half-life-size pug Sandcast statue which is my memorial. Whenever I lose a pug, I retire his/her collar (and its color) and put the collar and tags on the statue. I don't know if the picture will upload, because I didn't want to put it on FB.

My dogs have all had their own "color." Edgar's collar, harness and leash were black; Prissy was fuchsia; Moe was blue; Kewpie was purple; Anya is pink; Jabaar is green; RooBen is brown.
    Last edited by glebou; 03-23-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    Gaye

Mom to Thomcat A. Becket (Archbishop of Caterbury), the Siamese cat, (and Edgar Allen Pug, Priscilla Ann Pug, Kewpie Doll Boudreaux, Moe Jackson Pug, RooBen Lancaster Pug, Anya Pavlina Pug, Jabaar Jefferson Pug, Gertie Rose Griffon, Pace the Poochie, Millicent, Dylan Thomcat, Snafu DeLaRue and Aubrey Augustus, waiting for me at the Bridge)

Tonkamama is offline Village Mayor

I am just seeing this now, as I haven't been on in a while. I am so, so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. I think the urn and locket are beautiful, as well as your ideas of putting in his collar, leash, and his favorite toy. I hope in time, that you will find comfort in your many happier memories of your sweet Grover. Take care of yourself.
    groverthepug likes this.
    Laurie ;)

Elvis is offline Village Mayor

I am so sorry for the loss of Grover and I am in tears reading this. Many happy memories RIP Grover and hugs to you. xxx
    groverthepug likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

I wanted to buy one of these ahead of time (prices will be higher in 6-7 years), but I almost feel like it's sacreledge to get one ahead of time as I definitely am not rushing for her to pass.
    White Pug Cremation Urn I've kept her first harness as a keepsake, Sienna's fur is already in a clear casing. All her pictures and videos are together...
    groverthepug likes this.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    May 30, 2006 ~ January 11, 2021
    You will always always always be number one in my heart.
    I love you baby girl.

Ron
    Ron is offline Village Mayor

When we lost our male Pug, Chinto, and our rescue black female, Marris, we had them cremated and their ashes put in non-degradable containers. I then buried the containers in our back yard in Florida, under grave stone markers we got on-line, our intent was to then be able dig them up if we moved and take them with us.

Well, when we sold our house and were moving to Portland, we went to dig them up and unbelievably could not find them. We were shocked and dug up the yard all around the markers, but were never able to locate them.

Needless to say, we were crushed and are still grieving that loss. Luckily, we do keep their collars, so, at least I have them around their pictures on my desk.

With our last rescue female Pug, Darcy, since she always needed to be right with me wherever I was, I decided not to bury her ashes, but, rather, to keep the box they came in by my nightstand. So, at least, we have her ashes with us.

It is so interesting to me as I have read the posts in this thread about poor Grover, to see how sentimental we Pug people are about our babies. Great stuff from a wonderful group of people.
    Last edited by Ron; 03-25-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    groverthepug likes this.

shaynapug is online now True Village Royalty

Something to think about when buying an urn........Lesson I learned with my Dad....

URNS are heavy!!!! When I drove my mom from Fl to MI....Dad was in the car......I had to wheel the urn to the car.. Had to have help lifting it. Mom was upset as we couldn't bring it to the motel rooms each night due to the weight of it.

The only urn that can go through the detectors at an airport are the plain wooden ones! We had to go to a funeral home and they had to break the original urn and put my Dad's ashes into a wooden one that could go under the scanner at the airport when Mom moved to CA. She wanted him with her...and not in a box below or shipped.

The heaviness will not matter with our guys....but should any of us move...and want the ashes with us, the material of the urn might matter.
    groverthepug likes this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

Holly G is offline Village Mayor

So sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. for Grover
    groverthepug likes this.
    Ozzy's Mom, Holly from Omaha, NE
    Ozzy birthday 05/06/2012

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112