Fawn Puppy "Mask"...? What Have We Got Here?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Fawn Puppy "Mask"...? What Have We Got Here?

Missmiangels is offline Village Mayor

Default Fawn Puppy "Mask"...? What Have We Got Here?

So, is a puppy born with either a Morrison or Willoughby mask, or does that develop? Rizpah is only 8 weeks old, so I don't know if it's too early to make the call yet...? She has a clear line down her back, some dark hairs "sprinkled" randomly that I think I understand may fall out as she gets older...she has a white blaze on her chest that I understand might blend as she grows up too...her feet, the closer you get to her toes are dark too. Her actual toes probably have more dark hairs than light...anyway, back to masks, the same goes for her ears - quite dark at the tips...I'm guessing she's got a Willoughby mask, but does it take longer than 8 weeks to know that kind of thing? Maybe I'm being silly, here, but when her head gets bigger, I was thinking that might move stuff around a bit, at least on her little eyes/nose/mouth area...

I did run this picture through an IG filter, because my phone was dying so my flash wouldn't work - I tried to lighten it up so you could see her better, I dunno if that impacts her coloring...

And what "mask" does this little puppy have? Saw her on Pinterest and she just reminds me of Rizpah...but I don't have that discerning eye, so maybe it's just because she's fawn and a puppy, lol...

Mianna, Malachi and now Rizpah, too!

"I think (Pugs) are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." ~Gilda Radner (who originally said "dogs" but I'm certain she meant "Pugs")

EmmaDemma is offline Village Governor

I did not know there were actual different types of masks. But I have to say, that is one sweet-tooth inducing sleeping puggie!
    Missmiangels likes this.

AmberB is offline Village Admiral

They look like Morrison's to me. Willoughby's are more black throughout the upper face and head. As for the black body hairs, I think some lose them as they grow but some don't. I've heard the terms 'smutty' or 'sable' to refer to fawns with black in them.

Here's a pic of a Willoughby

and a Morrison...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

AmberB is offline Village Admiral

This is a cool page to see the colours and how they can change over time

Pug Dog Club of Colour
    EmmaDemma likes this.

EmmaDemma is offline Village Governor

I see. Well then, Emma would probably be a Willoughby

Missmiangels is offline Village Mayor

AmberB that's actually the picture I found, too, that made me think maybe she was a Willoughby. I mean, she's not that dark but I was thinking because of the ears...but now seeing the *other* picture of the Morrison with dark ears...I think she might be what they say is "smutty" because of the random dark hairs...after I posted I really gave her the once over and she even has some white hairs in there. Or fawn hairs so light they look white, I guess. I'll call her a calico pug, lol...just kidding.

And thanks for the website, too, I'm checking it out right now! :))
    AmberB likes this.
    Mianna, Malachi and now Rizpah, too!

"I think (Pugs) are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." ~Gilda Radner (who originally said "dogs" but I'm certain she meant "Pugs")

Mom to Lucy is offline Village Admiral

She is adorable!!!
    Missmiangels likes this.
    Christine Honorary Pug Parent. Wrangler of Bunny the crazy EP, mom to one human child, wife to a wonderful hubby, and entertained by a couple of fishies.
    Forever missing our Bugsy Francis - 04/13/05 - 05/24/17 and Lucy Loo - 10/13/2005 - 12/27/2020.

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

She's a beautiful puppy!
    Missmiangels likes this.
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Tiny's Mum is offline Village VP

I was looking at some photos of Tiny when we first brought her home at 9 weeks. For quite some time, she had a line of dark fur down her back but it gradually faded and she is just a delightful shade of fawn, some fur almost white. I had forgotten how dark she was then compared to now. Babies are much the same - their hair often turns a completely different colour as they grow.

After looking at those photos, I would say Tiny is definitely a Morrison.
    Missmiangels likes this.

PenelopeMyPug is offline Village Mayor

I'm no help but just wanted to say that she's a cutie!!
    Missmiangels likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast