lollypug
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wonka & Nilla

Thread: lollypug

jsk4224 is offline Village Puppy

Default lollypug

lollypug is finally behaving like a normal dog after we got her from adoption agency, who rescued her from a puppy mill. one year ago last month.

have question; i'm considering again to clip her nails myself. i did this many years ago and apparently cut too close and pup was hurt, that broke my heart and i vowed never to do again.
    if anyone has any comments to share on correct way to clip nails, please advise. and more importantly please advise a good file clipper to purchase and use.

thank-you,
    have a blessed day,
    john

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

I'm so glad she's settling in! I don't clip Tinker's nails because she's too squirmy and I'm afraid I'll hurt her. Lots of folks do on here and I'm sure they'll chime in.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Does your pug have clear or black claws? If clear, look for the quick (white stripe within the nail) and make sure you don't clip back far enough to hit that. If the nails are black, it's almost impossible to know where the quick is so just clip little bits at a time. Go slowly and use lots of yummy treats so she will associate nail trimming with good stuff!
    We use a Dremel instead of a clipper. That allows us to grind off a little at a time and smooth the edges. My husband is the one who does nail trims and he sits the pug on his lap facing out, pug's back to husband's stomach. He uses one arm to hold the pug while his hand holds the paw to be trimmed. The other hand holds the dremel. He does very short grinds on each nail on a paw and then goes back over them again before moving on to the next paw.
    Nina_W likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

+ Reply to Thread