Trouble finding a pug in Texas :( - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Trouble finding a pug in Texas :(

Cruzy is offline Village Puppy

I know that for many rescues, the dogs you see featured on their web site are often older and harder to place. Puppies and younger dogs do occasionally come in but they often have a waiting list (this is how the Minnesota pug rescue works - you apply, get on the list, and then they let you know when they have something).

If you have no other pets, an adult might be a good option if the rescue knows a lot about temperment, housebreaking, etc. I'm going the puppy route in order to ease the transition for my cat.
    CSollers likes this.

Collipops is offline Village Mayor

Welcome! Please don't rule out helping an older dog. All cute puppies grow into adults anyway and you get to skip the housebreaking and chewing stage! I am very excited for you, pugs are FANTASTIC companions. I have 5 dogs but my one pug just wants to be with me at all times, he lives to be a companion ( though he loves food more!) please update us with what you find from your research. There is a little pug there just waiting for you!
    CSollers likes this.

Angel89411 is offline Village Admiral

DFW has MANY pugs that are not on their site. Clove never made it to listed. I'm sure Pughearts is the same.
    CSollers and wasabimom like this.
    Momma to a zoo. We have a total of 3 dogs, 1 service dog in training, 2 cats, and 2 human children. It's one crazy life.

The key to life is "family and friends. And a good pet. For pure loyalty there is nothing like a pug." - Robin Williams

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Hi & I'm sure a Pug is about to find his/her way into your heart & home very soon! If you are planning to move into an apartment, just make double & triple sure your landlord will allow pets! That is one way so many pets end up in shelters....Good luck with your search, and please keep us posted!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

glebou is offline Village Admiral

DFW Pug Rescue - http://DFWPugs.com

Pug Rescue of Austin

I am a foster home for DFW Pug Rescue, Inc., though I do not have a foster in my home right now. I have been active on and off since 2001.

Pug Rescue of Austin is closer to you, probably. They take mixes as well as purebreds, but their mixes are often beyond adorable. Because they take mixes, I think they have more young dogs than we do, but I might be mistaken.

The Houston group is a fine one, too.

Remember, that all rescue groups are run by volunteers. There is a time lag between when the dog is taken into rescue and when the dog's bio is posted on the website. Many, many dogs are adopted before they are ever posted because they meet the description on an adoption application already completed. Please apply to one or more of these groups. Believe me, there is no dearth of pugs needing homes here in The Lone Star State!

Good luck, and God bless.
    Gaye

Mom to Snafu DeLaRue, Carmelo Pace, the Mal-shi, Dylan Thomcat and Thomcat Becket (Archbishop of Caterbury), the Siamese cats, (and Edgar Allen Pug, Priscilla Ann Pug, Kewpie Doll Boudreaux, Moe Jackson Pug, RooBen Lancaster Pug, Anya Pavlina Pug, Jabaar Jefferson Pug, Gertie Rose Griffon and Millicent waiting for me at the Bridge)

glebou is offline Village Admiral

Double posted for some reason. Sorry.
    Gaye

Mom to Snafu DeLaRue, Carmelo Pace, the Mal-shi, Dylan Thomcat and Thomcat Becket (Archbishop of Caterbury), the Siamese cats, (and Edgar Allen Pug, Priscilla Ann Pug, Kewpie Doll Boudreaux, Moe Jackson Pug, RooBen Lancaster Pug, Anya Pavlina Pug, Jabaar Jefferson Pug, Gertie Rose Griffon and Millicent waiting for me at the Bridge)

pugtown is offline Village Admiral

There is also Short Mugs Rescue Squad with dogs in Houston and Austin mostly. I saw someone post recently with a pug.
    CSollers and Angel89411 like this.

babyroni is offline Village Royalty

Good luck in your search, you will not regret getting a pug to love and love you back!!

Pugs Not Drugs is offline New to the Village

Thank you all for the suggestions! I've bookmarked all the pages so I can be updated on the pugs that are available etc. I was hoping for more of a younger pug because I DO have other dogs 3 that live with my father and 1 with my mother. The 3 with my father are too attached to him since they don't see me often, plus they're too big for an apartment anyway.. but the 1 dog with my mother should be coming with me. She's half lab and half cocker spaniel, she's pretty short and stocky. :) She gets along with every dog,cat and person, but I'm worried that an older dog might not adjust to her too well. I want them both to get along, I would hate to bring another dog home and have them fight all the time and have to worry about if they will be okay on their own sometimes. I don't want to have to bring a poor old pug and then have them be uncomfortable in their own environment or anything, i'd hate to be in a situation where I might have to take them back or something. They would feel unloved or like something is wrong with them, and I wouldnt want them to feel that way. I recently found a pug that was about a year old or so at a local rescue shelter and I wanted to adopt him SOOOO badly, but I don't have my own place yet or anything so I couldn't. I hope he will still be there by the time I move, but I doubt it because he was so darn cute.

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

I have always rescued, mine have been around 1 or 2 years and worked in fine with the existing family! You will find all ages at the rescues so your heart Pug is there you just have to apply and put the age at 1 or 2 years. They make such loving companions still young somewhat house broken, ready and willing to steal your heart!

I have sent some lovely youths to DFW we don't have a rescue here in MS so I picked them due to having willing volunteers to transport them over, so many Pugs in rescue just waiting for a home good luck.
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12