Trouble finding a pug in Texas :(
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Trouble finding a pug in Texas :(

Pugs Not Drugs is offline New to the Village

Default Trouble finding a pug in Texas :(

Hi! I'm new to the forums!

So, I absolutely adore pugs.. they're so cute, loyal, funny, and all in all very good to be around. After losing my last dog to cancer 5 years back, I couldn't bare the thought of having another dog. But I finally found it in me to have another... I want a dog that is just as loyal and loving as I am, and decided that a pug is just right for me <3. I plan on getting one (or a hundred? ) when I move in to an apartment soon. I live in Bulverde, Texas (Bulverde is about 20-30 minutes away from San Antonio) and I have no clue where to find them, or any breeders. I don't want to pick just any breeder because I'm aware of the genetic conditions that pugs can have, and I know that some breeders interbreed sometimes, and that can often cause problems. I understand how important pet and breeder research is, which is why I'm asking for help from those that have more experience with pugs than I do.. and I want to be extra careful because I'd be devastated if something horrible happened to them and there would be nothing that I could do. :( I'm also well aware of all the responsibilities of having a pug, genetic conditions and health problems that they may have. I'm even willing to take on the dreaded anal gland expressing if need be haha! I'm an indoors type of person and I hate the heat, so I keep my environment pretty cool (around 57-60 degrees), which is good because I know how sensitive pugs are to the heat. If anyone can give me any ideas where to find or get a pug, please reply. I would be so grateful. :) <3

Also, is it true that they do have pedigree pugs at shelters for adoption? I don't mind buying or adopting honestly.. I just want to have my very own bestie for life what ever it takes!

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Hello & to the village! I'm so glad you can open your heart again to another pet and especially a pug! There's just nothing like them. Please google pug rescues in Texas, I'm sure the right pug is waiting for you to find them!
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

Laurenamyxo is offline Village Governor

Sometimes you will find pedigrees at rescue centres, and it may be hard at first, you will probably come across a few shifty breeders, but they are worth it in the end. I can't think of another breed that has such wonderful character! Good luck

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Many Pug Rescues only take in pure bred pugs. They cannot afford to take in others.....

Shelters also get in pure bred pugs.

As for rescues or breeders in your area...you can go to the Pug Dog Club of America and look up both...

Pug Dog Club of America
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

wasabimom is offline Village VP

We found our breeder by starting the search at PDCA. We couldn't be happier!!! Good luck!

Pugs Not Drugs is offline New to the Village

Quote Originally Posted by shaynapug View Post
    Many Pug Rescues only take in pure bred pugs. They cannot afford to take in others.....

Shelters also get in pure bred pugs.

As for rescues or breeders in your area...you can go to the Pug Dog Club of America and look up both...

Pug Dog Club of America

Does the PDCA have pugs of all ages? Puppies too? Thank you so much for this link by the way! There is a pug rescue place that is listed, and the location is only a few miles from where I live! :)

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

IF a rescue gets a puppy, they usually are adopted very quickly!!!

Good luck
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

Angel89411 is offline Village Admiral

Try DFW Pug Rescue or Pughearts of Houston. I've adopted through DFW personally and would not hesitate to do so again.
    SiennasMommy and wasabimom like this.
    Momma to a zoo. We have a total of 3 dogs, 1 service dog in training, 2 cats, and 2 human children. It's one crazy life.

The key to life is "family and friends. And a good pet. For pure loyalty there is nothing like a pug." - Robin Williams

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

DFW is an awesome pug rescue!
    Angel89411 likes this.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    May 30, 2006 ~ January 11, 2021
    You will always always always be number one in my heart.
    I love you baby girl.

Shiloh'sdaddy is offline Village VP

Pug Hearts of Houston........I highly recommend them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast