#‎christmasattheinlaws - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: #‎christmasattheinlaws

Doug4Everything is offline Village Mayor

Christmas Day for me was a little different, 14 of us went out for the dinner this year as it was also my Nan's 80th birthday. We paid 65 a head for a three course dinner which was lacking to say the least :( there was no music on, the portions were small (plus no seconds!) and the table we sat at was so big that you couldn't talk to anyone other than the people sat next to you! I was sandwiched between my cousins, aged 8 & 11 and they are polite and well behaved but they are kids so they could talk the hind legs off a donkey about One Direction and whatever else kids like and always want to play games. I was a bit disappointed in the other cousins who are "grown ups" like me who seemed to drift to the other end of the table to avoid sitting with the kids... I don't mind cos we don't see each other all the time, plus the older of the two taught me now to play Go Fish with a deck of cards which was actually very fun :0

We all went back to my aunties afterwards, our car made a detour home to pick up gifts and when we did arrived everyone was appalled I didn't bring Dixie - get back vultures! He was busy with Will and his brother in a nice quiet house with no kids or wine filled aunties haha.

Ahhhh le sigh. Next year: Florida with my mum to see her side of the family for a week perhaps.
    Even when my pup is far away, in my heart he'll always stay
     Doug & Dixie 

Doug4Everything is offline Village Mayor

Doh double post
    Even when my pup is far away, in my heart he'll always stay
     Doug & Dixie 

babyroni is offline Village Royalty

Mine was wonderful, the whole family at my son's house and he did all the work!! it was great!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Tygermoth is offline Village Senator

Christmas day was lovely here. No drama. Just me the OH, 3 cats, 1 pug.

Cosy house, warm company and great food.

Boxing day was the kicker thats when we needed to go out and see the wider family

SiriusPug is offline Village Admiral

Christmas Day was great here. Teenager got her new bedroom set; put together by my dad and I Christmas eve. Woke up about noonish. Watched Christmas story. My parents came over with gifts stayed for an hour. Made my dad spit out his Christmas cookie after cracking a joke about my moms twin sister to which my mother didn't get the joke so it was all the more hilarious. Ordered Chinese food and had a carpet picnic in the living room. Mr. Sirius got a small white rice. Stayed in pjs all day and got most the baking done. In-law Xmas tonight and I have a get out of going by using my tooth ache as an excuse and my husband is only staying an hour and coming home.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and MuShu Mom like this.

gemayer is offline Village Princess Puggy Pants

No drama here just 9 grandchildren, 3 furkids and tons of fun all the grands were so excited and happy over their presents.
    Last edited by gemayer; 12-28-2014 at 06:53 AM.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    22 years of love at rainbow bridge Gracie and Jon Jon, now joined by Macie my heart pug for 14 years.

tall grass pugs is online now Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Usual drama here, surely there is no hope for world peace if people can't be nice from Christmas Eve to Christmas Night. No word from either of my surviving sons, bought a jug of horse cookies at a qualified feed store and they were returned tied in a bag to my truck door handle. Next year I won't make the same mistake. Or maybe I will, steep learning curve and all.

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

No in-law trouble here, fortunately. I feel for you all who must navigate such treacherous waters!

My older daughter and hub are with his kids in Wisconsin, so with the younger daughter hustling to a Jan 5 deadline for book #2 for Disney, I cooked dinner, cookies and pies at home and dragged it all up to Arden, her little place in the woods 35 miles north.

Ed and our friend Arnie had the holiday joy of removing her nasty old carpet in the living room (her monster dogs had already begun the job)—but what a surprise! To our delight, underneath was a decent 1960s linoleum, exactly what she needed for easy cleanup.

Here's the little 1932 house (love the tin roof):

The Arden Christmas tree:

Bodhi Bear is a big baby who wants nothing more than to loll in bed all day with his mama, gazing lovingly in her eyes:

Shh, don't tell the others, but Bodhi Bear is my best big boy too:

Rufus (35 lbs. heavier now!) is SO proud of his new jacket!

Some lovely vintage ornaments I found at my favorite animal rescue thrift store:

Happy holidays, everybody!
    Last edited by Loconn55; 12-28-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and CSollers like this.
    See Lisa's (6 Beautiful Pugs) 'wishlist' for her grumble at the Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch and help them out at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12