Guys I got DEFEATED in my yard by a intruder.......wooooooof and..........
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Pat's Crew
  • 1 Post By Bugoneal
  • 1 Post By Bugoneal
  • 1 Post By sassismom
  • 1 Post By Pat's Crew

Thread: Guys I got DEFEATED in my yard by a intruder.......wooooooof and..........

Pat's Crew is offline Village Question Asker

Default Guys I got DEFEATED in my yard by a intruder.......wooooooof and..........

that intruder was not fair to me at all says Gus

I got out there and check the garden with MOM and all is fine. I am deaf and to the regular thing and go and sniff the flowers and make the rounds with Mom. we are heading back into the house via the front door and I am bombarded by this tiny little thing........ Not fair..........
    NOT one but a dozen of these came at me......

55 pounds and I go running from a flock of chickadees..... go figure that tiny bird and I was a woose.......

Mom said good thing I never watched the movie the Birds on TV.....and then I would have been really scared.........

The birds are silly and protective over some bird seed and personally I am a dog that does not like treats like that.........

NOT going to go that way again.............

Mom tried to take me back outside for a bit but I chose to stay indoors this time............

and there are nuthatches out there that are mean and swoop at me too along with a wood pecker that does not like me either.........today
    so inside I stay

DEFEATED and a woooooooooose......
    poor me.......
    Last edited by Pat's Crew; 08-09-2015 at 10:45 AM.
    A pugs world is full of play and sleep and of course good food.........

Bugoneal is offline Village Featherpug

funny! Poor Gus! I have a big girl right now that doesn't even like to go outside without someone with her. Now that is a wooooossssseeee!!
    Pat's Crew likes this.
    ~~mary - loved by Colbie the Vizsla Pug, plus many featherpugs! Remembering our heart pugs Bug and Sugar at the Rainbow Bridge with Sissy the Chihuahua Pug

Gus is going to try to dive the devils tomorrow morning he told me..........lol
    those birds are so protective.........over their food source. I started to feed a triple mix and guess that is what is going on
    good food means get lost in bird language....lol even if you are a bulldog........
    tried Max for the heck of it and lone behold they chase him out too............
    so they are brave for such a tiny bird

when the contractor was here the other day the chickadee landed on his shoulder when he was looking at the tulip tree
    they do not seem to be afraid of humans at all..........
    the woodpecker and chickadee and so on.........all have young that are just learning to use the feeders and such so maybe that is part of it as well
    I put the feeders out the front the other day to so I could see them better.......under the tulip tree on a branch........

and Gus said he is the same way.......prefers company of humans every time he goes outside too........

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Bugoneal is offline Village Featherpug

We are on our second and third clutches of various birds. Doves, sparrows, chickadees, roadrunners, grackle (we call them rudderbutts) black-eyed junco, cowbirds and mockingbirds. That most of what we get. We get red and yellow winged blackbirds too but they don't nest around here, same with the raptors and owls. Hummingbirds sometimes nest around here although you almost never see them, also woodpeckers. I've never seen a woodpecker nest so I'm guessing they go somewhere cooler to raise their young. AND those that eat around here are cheeky, cheeky, cheeky!
    Pat's Crew likes this.
    ~~mary - loved by Colbie the Vizsla Pug, plus many featherpugs! Remembering our heart pugs Bug and Sugar at the Rainbow Bridge with Sissy the Chihuahua Pug

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

I feel really bad since the hummers are buzzing the Pugs, I have not figured how to balance well enough to refill the feeders. You have a lot of limits when you have to negotiate crutches!
    Pat's Crew likes this.
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

oh yea hummers will buzz anyone including you.....
    I would get your hubby to bring in the feeders and fill them indoors and then put them back out again..........

Mary wood peckers nest in holes in trees or a bird box.... and I had a whole set of hair woodpeckers at the other house and you never seen them one time until they were ready to fledge........secretive....
    the downy wood pecker does the same thing

the only reason I feed the grackles since they can be HOGS at the feeders is the amount of insects they eat on your yard. they eat their weight each day and when they have young in the nest.......they do not bother the bird seed at all.........
    I want to keep some of them around here..

I also once a year put out a pound of peanuts in the shell that are raw and let the crows get them.........they get rid of the grubs in the grass
    the birds do a better job then any pest control out there....

my song sparrows are busy these days taking off the spiders around the house and other insects in the garden and sing their hearts out too
    never seen them use the feeder ever though
    Bugoneal likes this.

+ Reply to Thread