We are almost ONE!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: We are almost ONE!!

laceysboer is offline Village Puppy

Default We are almost ONE!!

Hi everyone! My little love is almost one years old! Edgar was born on the 14th of August last year. I still remember the day we went to pick him up, I don't think I had ever been so excited! From the moment I received his picture I knew he was my little boy!

Since he is almost one, I thought it might be fun for everyone to share what their puglets we doing at one years old. What joys and hardships had you dealt with in that first year?

Edgar was born with clouds in his eyes, the breeder actually thought he would be blind, but thankfully he can see pretty well. In his first few weeks of life his dog mom stopped nursing her litter and they all had to be on iv's. Edgar's was torn from his next and has left a nasty scar, which only gets bigger as he does (but it is okay, we just tell everyone he was in a knife fight!). Before bringing him home we had another set back, one of his litter mates dug their claw into his eyeball and punctured it. His eyeball was almost lost, but I am happy to say it is still here and well! The breeder tried so hard to talk me out of picking him to be my little prince. But I knew I would love him with two eyes or one eye and a pirate patch! Once we finally brought him home it was two weeks of utter bliss!! My sweet little man slept all the time and snuggled up on my chest. He smelled like Puppy Heaven!! It took us two LONG months to potty train him, but we knew right away he was smart! He would keep whining at the door because he knew outside meant treats! Sneaky booger!

In our first year we have learned: Sit, stay, "go get your ball," off, down, easy (means stop biting fingers that are giving you treats), kennel, shake (which in this case means shake that poop off your butt!), high five, kiss, paw, "put your ball in my hand." He knows who Dad, Sister, The Princess, Sue, Kitty, and Mommy are...you could ask him were any one person/animal is and he will go straight to the right person. He loves going on walks and playing in his very own pool, and he loves playing with his kitty friend. His favorite toys are his rubber rings, tennis balls, and any plastic bottle he happens to sneak out of the recycling on any given day. He loves to eat dog safe fruits and veg...his favorite is apples, and if you have one and don't share he will throw his self down on the ground and throw what I like to call, "The toddler tantrum!" He will flail around and emit the most creepy sound a dog can create, which I honestly didn't think a dog could make any sound like it. He is weighing in at 16 pounds these days and just got over a pretty bad UTI (someone likes to rock out with his "you-know-what" out all the time). He loves everyone he meets and thinks everyone was invited to shower him in attention 24/7. He is just now starting to chill out and stop being crazy hyper all day long. His only flaw, in my eyes, if he just doesn't want to stop jumping on everyone as they walk by...but I am sure I will miss it when he finally stops.

I couldn't ask for a better little guy! He can drive me crazy and lead me to ranting...but Edgar has really brightened my life! I wouldn't be as amazing without him!

Happy Birthday to Mommy's Little Prince!

Mom to six fur babies. Three dogs: One Shepard mix, one Mini-jack, and one Pug (the apple of my eye, the love of my life, Momma's baby boy). Three cats: Two awesome kitties and one demon spawn

LilyFayre is online now Village Tea Pug

Awwww! I really enjoyed reading about Edgar and seeing the lovely photo of him.

Happy Birthday for the 14th, Edgar!
    laceysboer likes this.

Shan01 is offline Village Governor

Interesting enough, I have a pug named Edgar as well and HIS birthday is also August 14th...

Happy birthdays, Edgars!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Happy Birthday Edgar!
    laceysboer likes this.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

LilyFayre is online now Village Tea Pug

Quote Originally Posted by Shan01 View Post
    Interesting enough, I have a pug named Edgar as well and HIS birthday is also August 14th...
    Happy birthdays, Edgars!
    Happy birthday for the 14th, Edgar no.2!!
    laceysboer likes this.

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

What a sweet story to read about Edgar.
    laceysboer likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Such a sweet picture.

Happy Birthday to BOTH Edgars!
    laceysboer likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

ODemPugz is offline Village VP

Wow! Happy Birthday to both Edgar's! I didn't pick my girls' names so they're not common...still, it's quite extraordinary to have two dogs...different part of the world, with the same name and birthdate! How cool is that!?
    laceysboer likes this.

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Such preciousness! Happy Birthday. I love the profile picture - beautiful!

I also call Sienna my "little love".
    laceysboer likes this.
    Sienna's Pictures and Bio - http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1302954 I love you, baby girl!

Help Lisa (6 Beautiful Pugs) and the senior pugs at the "Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch" through their Amazon Wish List http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi.../104M0QBM5XSWW

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

Happy Birthday to both you boys!
    laceysboer likes this.

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire, born 3/15/06
    and my 3 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast