It can happen so fast... - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It can happen so fast...

Ling is offline Village Mayor

Thank goodness Henry's allright!

I just had to post this for all those who might live in my area, and for everyone else who has a "fenced in yard" because I'm sure this is not limited to my area.

There have been 6 dogs stolen from fenced in yards in my neighborhood in the last two weeks (locked, fenced in yards!). This is truly an incredibly frightening thing, as so many people do lull themselves into a false sense of security with a fenced yard. PLEASE...do not let your babes in the yard by themselves for a minute! I have witnessed my neighbors start walking their dogs in mass amounts due to this new fear in our neighborhood and I must say it surprised me at first, because of how complacent we can all become with fenced in yards. But now, nobody wants to take the risk of their dog being stolen.

There are horrible people called bunchers who can get up to $400 a dog to sell them to research, and many more who can sell them to fighting dogs (for those of us who live in fighting dog cities).

My dogs will never again be outside alone. Please everyone, take this precaution!
    Stacy & Mai Ling

The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that's the essence of inhumanity.
    ~George Bernard Shaw

rckrmel is offline Village Rocker Mama

whoa! sounds like you dodged a bullet on that one. that lady truly is an angel! I second the idea about writing your local paper. it's a nice gesture. and how often do people take the time do write about good things?

I had a scare right after I first got Zoe. I was out on the patio with her and she shimmied under the railing and took off running. this happened a couple of times! I guess I thought if I was standing right there I could watch her, but it happened so fast. so I went to home depot and got a lil white picked fence and put it all along the railing.

still, it's a good reminder for all of us.

hugs you you and Henry!

-MeL
    mommy to baby girl Zoe

www.rescuepugs.com - southern nv pug rescue
    www.myspace.com/vegasrescuepugs - SNPR on myspace

jamikins is offline Village Mayor

Wow, what a close call!! Thank goodness there are still wonderful people in this world! hugs to your puggies!
    Jamie
    Owned by our pugboy Hamilton and our puggirl Charlie

Charlie's dogster page:
    www.dogster.com/?144827

Hamilton's dogster page:
    www.dogster.com/?144558

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

FourteenLegs is offline Village Diva

Let me just pick my heart up off the floor.....................there certainly was a guardian angel out. Thank God, your lucky stars, WHOMEVER!!! All is okay.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Check out the PugVillage Books - buy one from HERE and help rescue.

Rona and the Principessas Imogen and Pearl. Holding in our hearts forever LouLou and Puck who have been reunited at the Bridge.
    All my babies at the Bridge - LouLou, Puck, Piaff, Donato, Persia, Dragon, Smugs, (Pugs) and Madam and her son Woolfie (horses).

oh my gosh....i can't even imagine how you felt...thank god everything turned out okay! What a good brother Rudy is for telling you his brother got out!

adenes is offline Village Senator

How super scary is that! I think my heart stopped beating for a second! I am so relieved to hear that Henry has a gaurdian angel looking out for him!
    Mom to Pugsley-Toad (aka Pug with an emphasis on the U Puuuuuuug) and Maize the snuggle bug boxer/pit mix!

Zelissa is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselsmom
    OMG, I never even considered this being a danger. We have a fenced yard and I never think twice about letting the dogs out there by themselves. I think you should write a letter to the editor of your local paper expressing your gratitude and telling the community what a wonderful woman she was to save your Henry. Glad this story has a happy ending.
    That is a good idea! I am going to work on something.
    Melissa, mom to
    sassy human girl Abigail Rose born 2/16/2006 & her little sister Elizabeth Mary born 12/28/2009
    pugs Henry & Hewey & cat Gizmo
    Married to Jeff since 5/21/2005
    Remembering Rudy Tooter

Billie is offline Village Senator

Thank goodness Henry is safe. Say a prayer of thanks for that lady being there! Hug your puggies tight and try to relax.
    Billie and Ebon
    "My dog's not spoiled--I'm just well trained

http://www.dogster.com/?82744

Pugsleigh is offline Village Admiral

I received some excellent advice on this thread,

1.) check my gate,
    always check my gate, I have been guilty of the same.

2.) have a few treats in my purse, (I carry everything else,
    what is a bone or two)

3.) keep a leash, collar and more treats in the car.

thank you everyone.

I am soooo glad to hear about HENRY>
    give the boy a hug from me as well.

Zelissa is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by hkpugs
    OK Melissa, don't scare me like that, my heart nearly stopped! Henry is the good boy, Rudy is the ornery one, who would have thought! Give Henry a big hug and kiss from me and then tell him aunt Kathy said "Don't do that again!"
    That's what Jeff & I were thinking too! Rudy Toot is the naughty one, so it surprised us that Henry was the escape artist! And we were surprised (and relieved) that Rudy didn't follow fim out. I could just see them two of them running blindly through the streets. I think when Rudy came in the house he was trying to tattle on Henry for getting out. I'm just so glad it worked out ok in the end. (Even if it did nearly give me a heart attack!)
    Melissa, mom to
    sassy human girl Abigail Rose born 2/16/2006 & her little sister Elizabeth Mary born 12/28/2009
    pugs Henry & Hewey & cat Gizmo
    Married to Jeff since 5/21/2005
    Remembering Rudy Tooter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast