It can happen so fast... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It can happen so fast...

Damned scary thing Melissa. Didn't realize that I was holding my breath until I got to the end of your post. Explosive exhalation!!! Thank G-d for that woman and her treats! Gonna go have a look at our fence first thing in the morning ......

Zelissa is offline Village Royalty

I think I told the lady thank you about a dozen or more times, but I wish I knew her name & address so I could send her a thank you card. I won't forget her kindness. Most people would just keep on driving, or worse.

I can't forget how Henry looked either as I was running up, I swear his little shoulders were hunched over as he sat by the curb, he was so scared!
    Melissa, mom to
    sassy human girl Abigail Rose born 2/16/2006 & her little sister Elizabeth Mary born 12/28/2009
    pugs Henry & Hewey & cat Gizmo
    Married to Jeff since 5/21/2005
    Remembering Rudy Tooter

Dieselsmom is offline Village Royalty

OMG, I never even considered this being a danger. We have a fenced yard and I never think twice about letting the dogs out there by themselves. I think you should write a letter to the editor of your local paper expressing your gratitude and telling the community what a wonderful woman she was to save your Henry. Glad this story has a happy ending.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

hkpugs is offline Village Royalty

OK Melissa, don't scare me like that, my heart nearly stopped! Henry is the good boy, Rudy is the ornery one, who would have thought! Give Henry a big hug and kiss from me and then tell him aunt Kathy said "Don't do that again!"

Kathy

Proud Mom to Bugs, Bear, Smokey Joe, Miss B, Frankie, Carmen, Sydney, Billy and Humphrey
    Forever in our hearts: Sweet Bailey, the grumpy old man Percy, Domino our dear Dodo Bird, and Prince our beautiful cat

SUPPORT PUG RESCUE

Boogs Dad is offline Village Admiral

Reading your post gave me cold chills up my spine. I have lost a dog to the road before. Horible experience that I will never forget, and maybe never forgive myself for. I'm so glad henry is ok.

Todd,
    Puppys Dizzy, Corkey and Tucker.

Newsie96 is offline Village Irish Pug Pub

Melissa! My heart ached as I read your post. Henry had a wonderful guardian angel tonight. You poor thing - what a scare! Go relax and give those puglets kisses from Murphy and me.
    Samantha,Mom to: Murphy B., CGC, TDI, Duke and Hippie Shyster. And WIFE of Jeff, who keeps her on her toes.

Murphy on Dogster: http://www.dogster.com/?62118

Imon is offline Village Turtle Lady

That was a frightening story! I'm so glad Henry's OK and there was no damage done, but I know you are thinking of what could have happened.

Our yard isn't completely fenced because of the driveway and garage configuration, so Otto's only out there on a long lead with one of us on the other end of it. But if it were completely fenced, I can see letting him out and trusting he'd be OK.

How very fortuitous that the lady who found Henry happened to be there - bless her.

Now, take a deep breath and relax. Henry's fine and you will check the fence tomorrow. Get some sleep tonight.
    Otto's mom (also known as Linda)

SusieandPug is offline Village Senator

Default Truly was a guardian angel!

What are the odds that a caring women would be driving along just at that time, let alone be carrying treats?!!
    Susie (and Samson too)

M'Dear Pug is offline Administrator Emerita

Smile

Oh my gosh! I'm so thankful everything is O.K. with Henry - I don't think I drew a breath reading your post. You don't need that kind of adrenaline rush right now, Mom...tell Henry to cool it!!

I've usually got a pooper-scooper bag in my pocket but seldom any treats.

Ann
    http://img.mypicgallery.com/Extra/redleash_large.jpg
    Those we have held in our arms for a little while,
    we hold in our hearts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by M'Dear Pug
    ...I've usually got a pooper-scooper bag in my pocket but seldom any treats. Ann
    I almost always have treats in my car due to pug parties, and extra leashes and harnesses... I will double-check to be SURE I have treats from now on! The treats, and the leashes, have helped me save a dog's life or two recently... Stray dogs seem to be a norm up here this summer...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast