Mashed Potatoes okay or not?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mashed Potatoes okay or not?

Default Mashed Potatoes okay or not?

I made some mashed potatoes tonight as part of a casserole, and I set aside some for Madelyn. I've never given her potatoes before, so before I give them to her, can anyone tell me please if they are okay for a little puggie to eat?

Much thanks.

Lemon is offline Village Admiral

They're not dangerous, but they're not real healthy for them. With all the butter, I'd probably skip them. You don't want her getting a taste for such rich foods! (Plus, more potatoes for you. )
    Kathleen (and Lemon, too!)

©Amanda Jones Photography

Nell's Mom is offline Village Royalty

I wouldn't give her alot. Depending on how much butter, salt, etc is in them, a little would be ok. We always share mashed potatoes with Nell but she probably only gets a total of about a teaspoon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

No butter, no salt, no nothing. I put all the spices into the sauce, which I made separately.

Very smart! Then you're fine to give her a tablespoon or so of potatoes. Lots of dog foods contain them. They're a pretty starchy vegetable, but fine in small doses.

I was just about to serve dinner when I noticed that half of the potatoes I'd set aside for Madelyn had DISAPPEARED! No, she didn't climb onto the counter. My husband ate them, not realizing that they were for Madelyn! I was so upset! What on earth was he thinking this tiny bit of potato was for? Well, he's had a long, hard day and promised to make my favorite coffee tonight, so I guess I'll have to forgive him.

Anyhow, I mixed what was left on the little plate in with her kibble, and she SCARFED it all down! Guess she liked it even without butter and the like. Madelyn thanks you kindly for the thumbs up so she could enjoy her yummy dinner.

I can just picture it. Afterwards, did she look up from her food bowl like, "WHOA! Where'd that come?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon
    I can just picture it. Afterwards, did she look up from her food bowl like, "WHOA! Where'd that come?!"
    Yes!! She was ecstatic! It warms my heart to make her so happy! She just left for her evening walk with Daddy Potato Stealer.

ViralMD is offline None

Again, no butter, no salt, please! Potatoes aren't WONDERFUL for dogs, but they're not poison...Remember we're getting nearer to 'pancreatitis season' - the holidays. Dogs aren't meant to have people food! Please! For your dogs' sakes don't feed them human food. Pancreatitis kills.
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

Quote Originally Posted by viralmd
    Again, no butter, no salt, please! Potatoes aren't WONDERFUL for dogs, but they're not poison...Remember we're getting nearer to 'pancreatitis season' - the holidays. Dogs aren't meant to have people food! Please! For your dogs' sakes don't feed them human food. Pancreatitis kills.
    The infamous pancreatitis lecture from Viral It has been a long time since we have seen this!!! YAY!!! You are always on top of things Viral!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast