Does your pug(s) pout when you leave for work? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does your pug(s) pout when you leave for work?

tocents is offline Village Bug Shutterbug

Oh, do I feel left out! Mine are terribly eager for me to leave, because they know they get a "treat treat" when they go into their "puggy room" (A spare bedroom that is gated for their safety and convenience). Barney actually waits in front of the room. If I go back in for something, the non pugs Roxie and Lucy don't even get out of our bed to see who it is-they just lift up their heads , Rascal is already cuddled up on his bed and Barney is crashed out next to the baby gate or under the bed.

Next week I am on vacation and when I have a day off (other than the weekend) Barney will pace around restlessly then finally just go and nap in the doorway of his puggy room....
    Cathy, Dino Bambino the Lawless Terrier, Laura-Lovey the Pug Diva and Sparky Boo Boo, the Pug Mutt

And playing together at The Bridge
    Bubba Chunk, Gentleman and Scholar
    Lucy the Beagledor
    Liza, the sweet little bundle of good nature
    Big Roxie
    Barney the Wonderbug
    Whompin' Stompin' Walter-A Legend in His Own Mind
    Sweet Rascal Joe

aww, how cute!

Rosco can't wait until I leave, he runs into his crate as soon I start packing abbys diaper bag or put her in the stroller. Sometimes, when we come home he'll even stay in his crate if we open the door. I think he was used to me working and being in his crate alot during the day cause all he does is sleep and then from 5pm till 10 pm he is non stop! too funny our little puggies.

ViralMD is offline None

Cyril knows that when I put on the fanny pack, it's time! He waits nicely for me to put on his harness and gets into his carrier - we go to the bus stop and he'll play peek-a-boo on the bus, putting his head down until I give him a release, when he sticks his head out and gets a treat. When we get off he knows exactly where to go and heads right toward daycare. He won't go past the door and leaves me to go to his play area without so much as a backward glance. So much for the one paying for daycare!
    Viralmd, Cyril (aka Aljac Captain Hook CGC) and Tassie, the rescue chihuahua

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jwestoverpug
    No pouting here!! Mine know they always get a treat for going in their room when I leave. I sometimes think they look forward to it!!

Jesse

Same here! I know Pugsly DEFINITELY looks forward to it! Pugsly just follows me around waiting for me to go to the fridge and prepare her turkey/beggin' strips treat that I throw at her when I walk out the door! Thank goodness, otherwise I would feel even worse for leaving!

If I'm just running out and my husband is staying home, when she follows me to the door to see what I'm doing, I just have my husband open the fridge and she ditches me, could care less if I'm leaving!

Katiespeople is offline Village Mayor

If one of us sits down on the couch to put our shoes on to leave, Katie will hop up on the couch and lay down beside you...right up against you and snort, and send you on one nasty guilt trip.

eclecticmk is offline Village Admiral

This is what I see when I go to work!

Margie and her pugs: Miss Molly Malone, Clancy O'Shay OA MXJ NF & Aoife Meadhbh MacKenna OAJ NF

My blog: http://eclecticmk.blogspot.com/

We crate Roxie and she loves to go in and get her kong - I don't even think she knows we are gone. Dixie assumes the position in her bed or on the couch and is usually still there when we get home. Guess my girls don't miss me too much - but they are always happy to see me when I get back!

MJ - that picture is priceless - ALL of them look like they are pouting!

Quote Originally Posted by eclecticmk

I don't know how you do it!!!!
    That little face staring at you..... talk about a guilt trip!

MaryJo-

I love the pic of all your sad puggies!

Rollo does not pout because he gets a yogurt filled frozen kong each morning before I leave for work. He actually looks at me like..ummm hurry up already!

Margie, how in the WORLD can you leave that face??

Quote Originally Posted by eclecticmk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast