Standard for pugs - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Standard for pugs

If you aren't going to show them, the breed standard means nothing!
    Hear! Hear! As a previous dog show person and breeder I know that the bulk of puppies produced, even by the best breeders, are not show quality. And lets face it, dogs are for companionship first and everything else second. Can you imagine if our dogs judged us off our appearances? Just the the first half hour in the morning would have them scurrying off to have me spayed/nuetered and sent off to a "pet" home!

~Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by tocents
    In fairness to him, he was talking about Barney starting to show his age and that his whole body was getting "flaccid and droopy" -even his tail was drooping (well, duh, he was at the vet and not happy) I did not even bother to point out that Barney has been "flaccid and droopy" since we brought him home 2 1/2 years ago.....
    As I approach another birthday next month, this comment made my eyes water from all the giggling. I am SO glad my doctor doesn't use the same terms as your vet

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsmyl
    Can you imagine if our dogs judged us off our appearances? Just the the first half hour in the morning would have them scurrying off to have me spayed/nuetered and sent off to a "pet" home!
    Ooooh, I couldn't imagine. They'd be taking me off all my treats and increasing my daily walks!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123