Does anyone's Pug have a Thyroid problem
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone's Pug have a Thyroid problem

Question Does anyone's Pug have a Thyroid problem

Lana has gained so much weight. I don't feed her that much she get's 1/4 c in the M & E. I give her Lite Nutro food. She weights 26lbs and someone else in this forum mentioned maybe I should get some bloodwork done to check her Thyroid. Does anyone have a pug with this same problem or have a Thyroid condition.

Miss Pugg is offline Village Admiral

Default thyroid

Annie gained a lot of weight about two years ago (& is still rather fluffy). She's been diagnosed with thyroid problems and is on medication for that. She's walked a lot, when it's cool enough, and gets green beans as part of her food. I don't feed her as much as I do Buffy but she's fluffier than I like. Yes, thyroid is not uncommon and your gal might have thyroid problems.
    Joanne and now Pugless. My heartdog, Lulu Pug, waits at the Bridge along with Josie and Jasmine, Boston Terriers, Annie, Phoebe and Buffy Pugs, all rescues except for Josie and Lulu. I miss you all so much, my little furry friends. You are living always in my heart and mind. Slumber on, girls. Now living with Ivy, a Boston Terrier, Sassy, rescue Papillion/Doxie. and Ginger, my funny Doxie rescue.
    JoJo's Dogs

PugLady3 is offline Village Royalty

Yes, my Buster is on Soloxine for his thyroid. When he came into our rescue, he was overweight & also had some skin problems, so we had some bloodwork done & it was found that he suffered from hypothyroidism. He now takes a small, inexpensive pill twice a day & is doing fantastic. It's hard to believe that he is the same pug when I look at the first pictures taken of him.

There are some good articles here on hypothyroidism:

http://www.dogaware.com/specific.html#hypothyroid

http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/THYROID-ARTICLES.HTM
    Brenda, Bella, Duke, Yoda (hospice), Mae (hospice), Zoe (foster) and
    our angels Pugsy, Buster, & Bud waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Northern Illinois Pug Rescue & Adoption (NIPRA)

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Boogs Dad is offline Village Admiral

I myself had never been overweight untill radiation treatments damaged my thyroid about 10 years ago. Get her checked. At least then you would know and be able to treat it.

Todd,
    Puppys Dizzy, Corkey and Tucker.

Hannahs_Mommy is offline Village Puppy

YES! Our Emmett was a little fluffy when we first got him from rescue (24#) and he had some skin problems, too. He continued to gain weight despite a diet and after some very simple tests he was found to be hypothyroid! He is also on a very inexpensive pill twice a day and is doing much better......and his weight is SLOWLY coming off. He has a few other problems, too, being a rescue, but he is one big snugglePug and we LOVE him sooooooo much. His thyroid problem is such a tiny little thing to fix!
    Marilynn (the Mommy), Rick (the Hubby), Hannah (The Princess), and Emmett (at The Bridge now and missed like crazy), and Jack and Lucy (rescue kittys) .

Dogs: God's way of showing us how to be happy.
    Anonymous

A cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world.
    Irish Legend

Hannah at dogster
    http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=78726
    Emmett at dogster
    http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=95863&j=t

My pug has just been diagnosed with thyroid problems. Dark patches on his coat, hair loss, sluggish, weight gain. We are supposed to pick up meds from the vet tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread