There's always one insensitive jerk in the crowd - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There's always one insensitive jerk in the crowd

Milosmom is offline Village Royalty

I think Madelyn is absolutly beautiful no matter what someone without manners says. The one and only time someone said anything about our babies looks we were in a park (and not being one who retains my opinions), I was real quick to tell the man "well ,for it's sake, I guess its a good thing you probably can't afford the luxury of having one." I didn't know someone could walk off that fast.
    In any case there are always people like that and I highly commend you for retaining your cool. I know I wouldn't have.
    Sarah
    ~*Mickey, Milo & Dragos Mom*~
    Always missing *^Remi Pug^ & ^Loli Pom^*

silverlady is offline Village Admiral

I didn't know she was a rescue either!! But she's gorgeous and your hubby looks like several actors rollied into one :cheshire:

Isn't it strange how after this sort conversation you think of all the retorts you could have made?
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." - John Ruskin

Nicole is offline Village Mayor

LMAO @ Viralmd!!!!! Nice comeback.
    It warms my heart though to see an adult care so much about their behavior in front of a child. I admire that!! And it's so good to see such a happy pug and happy daddy!

Maryjo, the pugs on the pillow pic-that was my boyfriend. I second the Man-Pug Calendar!!!!
    Iggy & Tyson's Mama

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Ah, yes.... the comment I get all the time "she's so ugly she's cute". I also always get "Man, she's FAT!! She's BIG!". I don't get people....

Your pictures of your little diva and your husband made me smile though - I'm glad Madelyn can just brush those stupid comments off! She's so adorable!

I HATE the "so ugly, it's cute" comment so many people make about Pugs. I don't see a single thing ugly about my precious baby!! It really irked me that when I had my interview when I was trying to adopt her the rescue lady made that comment (this is an all-breed rescue, not pug-specific). I very calmly said "I don't see anything ugly about them."

Another thing that bothers me is that I can have Genie decked out in pink from head to toe and I still get, "Oh he's so cute!" SHE people, PINK=SHE, get with the program!!

adenes is offline Village Senator

I adore the pictures of your baby and your husband they are just darling!
    Mom to Pugsley-Toad (aka Pug with an emphasis on the U Puuuuuuug) and Maize the snuggle bug boxer/pit mix!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    ....Maryjo, the pugs on the pillow pic-that was my boyfriend. I second the Man-Pug Calendar!!!!
    Yippee! It shouldn't be too hard to get 12 guys with pugs!!

Pugluvn is offline Village Admiral

No matter where you go, you cant escape people who have lost their sense of internal monlogue....what ever happened to think before you speak On a positive note, Madelyn is just beautiful, your husband is handsome and I love Seaport Village, when my brother-in-law used to live in San Diego we would go there every time we came to visit.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/subbacultcha/Untitled2312.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by amber
    Another thing that bothers me is that I can have Genie decked out in pink from head to toe and I still get, "Oh he's so cute!" SHE people, PINK=SHE, get with the program!!
    Oh, yeah, I totally hear you! That used to happen with my DAUGHTER when she was a baby! If I dressed her in pink, I'd still have people ask me how old my SON was! Okay, she didn't have a lot of hair, but still! PINK! I mean, come on!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I don't feel as irritated as I did yesterday. She's my puggie and I love her to pieces and think she's beautiful the way she is. Who cares what some stupid woman thinks anyway?
    Last edited by Love Madelyn; 09-06-2005 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryjo's Gang
    Yippee! It shouldn't be too hard to get 12 guys with pugs!!

Or, we could devote one page of our upcoming calendar to Men & Their Pugs. February might be a good month for that, love in the air and all that...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123