Why does she lick the couch? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does she lick the couch?

I am so glad that someone asked this one. Meelah does the exact same thing! I always thought she was just strange! Afterall, we do call her our "special" dog..LOL There is one other thing that she also does that is weird. She tends to cuddle up with Mark more and the one spot that she licks is where her butt always touches the couch. She could be laying there, out like a light, and all of the sudden, she jumps up and sniffs that spot. If she passed gas , we didn't hear anything, and she always makes a little high pitch squeek when she toots!

Quote Originally Posted by Millers Mom
    I forgot to ask...can you take your cushions apart? We throw the cushion covers (the microfiber part) in the washing machine once in awhile. Inside the cover are 2 down cushions and 1 foam cushion, so we can take it all apart, wash the microfiber part, let the covers air dry, then assemble them back together. It's kind of a hassle, but the microfiber covers look great afterwards
    I can take apart the cushions that you sit on but, not the ones attached to the back of the couch. i'll try that with the removable ones - thanks!

Mine do the stand and sniff only after their anal glands have expressed. It's the one dead giveaway - faster than the smell!

Quote Originally Posted by beancountr76
    She could be laying there, out like a light, and all of the sudden, she jumps up and sniffs that spot. If she passed gas , we didn't hear anything, and she always makes a little high pitch squeek when she toots!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

She has expressed her anal glands before so I know what that smells like. But she hasn't done that since we switched her food. She was on Chicken Soup and she would get terrible gas! My parents' shih-zu did the same thing when she was a puppy so they had switched her to Eukenuba Lamb and Rice at the advice of their vet so I decided to try it. And she hasn't been gassy or expressing her anal glands since.There are a lot of strange things our little doodlepug does and I wouldn't even know where to begin to think why she does them. Guess you have to be a pug to understand!

Hallie has never liked the couch but she licks our comforter like it's covered in steak!

Boogs Dad is offline Village Admiral

I have a couch licker too. I think it's punishment for bad acts in a prior life. I wish I knew what I did to deserve this.

Todd,
    Puppys Dizzy, Corkey and Tucker.

tocents is offline Village Bug Shutterbug

Add Rascal to the couch licking club. He can just drench a spot-we have covers for the couch, but still...He also licks the bed-loves to curl up on Papa's pillow (never mine) and start licking. Most unfestive.....
    Cathy, Dino Bambino the Lawless Terrier, Laura-Lovey the Pug Diva and Sparky Boo Boo, the Pug Mutt

And playing together at The Bridge
    Bubba Chunk, Gentleman and Scholar
    Lucy the Beagledor
    Liza, the sweet little bundle of good nature
    Big Roxie
    Barney the Wonderbug
    Whompin' Stompin' Walter-A Legend in His Own Mind
    Sweet Rascal Joe

Glad we are not alone ...my hubby started to think we got something weird going on in our house since our cat loves to suck on cotton and now Zoey loves to lick the couch...maybe its from me since i loved to chew my cotton jacket hood strings as a child, hmmmm

Angry the Colonel

Well, I guess I am lucky then. I also have the microfiber couch and The Colonel doesn't pay them much attention. Even though he wont stay off of them, he just wants to sleep while his is on them.

But how about Pillows...If i dont watch him real close he will go to my bedroom and lick my pillows then i will try to go to bed and put my face in a big nasty wet spot while he lays on his big, DRY, wool pillow next to me smiling.

Also, there isnt a blanket in the house that he hasn't sucked the corners off of.

Milosmom is offline Village Royalty

No hope or answers here either. Milo licks the couch (denim covered) , the comforter , pillows , and the satin chair cushions in the kitchen amongst other things. No idea why he does it but he sure does enjoy it.
    Sarah
    ~*Mickey, Milo & Dragos Mom*~
    Always missing *^Remi Pug^ & ^Loli Pom^*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast