The new puppy and the cats
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The new puppy and the cats

Default The new puppy and the cats

My new baby wants to chase the cats all the time. Actually, one of the cats stays up high and there's no problem. The other one constantly jumps around the dog. they end up rolling around in a biting match. I'm quite sure Bob (the dog) wants to play. Mia (the cat) seems to want to play, as when I rescue her, she jumps back into "harms" way again pretty quickly.

Both cats are declawed, so I don't think they can hurt Bob.

Any advice?
    CHEERS!
    Ellen

juliana1026 is offline Village Governor

They'll be fine! I have 4 cats (with claws) and they haven't hurt Lulu. It took a while for them to adjust to their presence but now they pretty much co-exist by ignoring each other. Except for my sweet cat, Queso, who licks Lulu on the head!
    JULIANA
    Owned and loved by Lulu, my 9-year-old black pug, and Gizmo and Mimi, my 2 long-haired cats!

See Lulu's web page at:
    http://www.dogster.com/?138292

Sorry...I don't have any advice (I'm not a cat person) but I just wanted to say that we don't live too far from you (we live in Devon, near King of Prussia). Bob is so cute!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

I used to live in Devon - in Chesterbrook!

Maybe we'll do a puppy play date!!!
    Cheers,
    Ellen

Welcome to Pug Village! It is really great here. It is nice to have another local person, too. Perhaps a play date is in order. My Humphrey plays with the other dogs at his puppy class at Petsmart but there are no other pugs for him to play with.

Milosmom is offline Village Royalty

I wouldn't worry about it to much especially since they are declawed it reduces the chances of bad things happening. When we first allowed Milo and Cheeta to be together , Cheeta was 3 yrs old (still clawed) and an only animal. They faced off for a few minutes and have been lovable ever since. It seemed as if Milo was telling him "This is my castle now, you just live here!" and apparently the cat agreed.
    Sarah
    ~*Mickey, Milo & Dragos Mom*~
    Always missing *^Remi Pug^ & ^Loli Pom^*

+ Reply to Thread