Another wonderful example of a nasty person
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another wonderful example of a nasty person

Angry Another wonderful example of a nasty person

So many times you hear about the expirences with bad breeders. I would like to share one about a terrible expirence I am having with a buyer.
    She came to me very excited looking for a black male pug pup. She asked questions and provided answers to mine. She decided she wanted to meet the boy I had available-oh wait she does not drive and i live in the country. Mistake #1 I took the puppy to meet her. She fell in love asap it was all good. Then she begged and begged and pleaded and went on about getting him early(I wanted to keep him till at least 10 weeks) I gave in Mistake #2. He was vet checked,given shots,tattoed and dewormed. Again I took him over. Oh she says by the way I can't pay for him. I have a deposit-but Please Please can we have him? He would complete out family,PLease,Please........... She is a single parent running her own business. "It would mean so much to us Please...." I promise I will pay all of it to you you have my word. I gave her the dog-she gave me a deposit.
    Just a few days later he got diareahia. Oh yes I forgot to mention she has never owned a dog in her life. Fast forward she takes him to the vet after food change 3 in 2 weeks. She called me up and screemed at me because I sold her a sick dog. It took all of my self control not to loose it. She wanted the vet bill taken off the amount owing. I flipped as she had not even paid for him but again I gave in. She also said he had skin problems-which he did. After I quized her I found out she was bathing him weekly in Johnstons baby wash. Amazingly after she finally listened to me he was fine. I also was giving him his shots to help her out. I heard from her last in early July.
    Last Sunday after I had been trying to contact her since the end of July she informs me he has Demodex and is in delicate shape and she is not paying me any of the money owing. Please don't get me wrong,I am not denying at any point that he may have health issues. I have been denied access to him as well she says she has documentation but is not willing to let me see it. I am to take her word. She told me off and told me what a horrible person I was.
    What has this world come to? I thought I had done something nice and I wanted to help and this is what I get. I am very ashamed of my self for being taken in by a nasty,dishonest,scammer.
    Now what? She has taken pride in letting everyone she meets know I sold her a sick dog. I have reminded her the dog I sold her GOT sick he was very healthy when she got him and I did offered to take him back.
    It has been a terrible expirence.
    Thanks for letting me vent.

nbad311 is offline Village VP

So, she hasn't paid you a PENNY for this dog, but is refusing to let you see it?
    That doesn't even seem legal.
    Jess, mother of Abby, Peaches, and Poly

I agree - if you had a contract with her, and she hasn't fulfilled it or returned the dog to you, I'd ask someone legal to step in. Do you have a lawyer friend who can draft up a nice official letter? She doesn't seem like the educated type who would be able to differentiate between a nasty official letter and an actual summons or intent to sue.

If not a lawyer friend, how about a covert friend who can help you regain physical custody?

Is there a legal (govt) entity that you can turn her in to?

This really blows though - I know it's got to be hard to see one of your babies being treated so poorly.
    Please let us know how it turns out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

nbad311 is offline Village VP

Yes, write her a letter (you can easily keep it clean and friendly) - but throw in some big words, perhaps some legal jargon, and she might be caught offgaurd and freak out at the thought of law intervention.
    Jess, mother of Abby, Peaches, and Poly

What does she want!! you took him to the vet to begin with which I bet gave him a clean bill of health..If she tries to take you to court for anything..which by the way if she hasn't paid you in full I would recommend taking her to court for the rest of the money..Get a statement from the vet about the puppies heath when they saw it..People like that should not be allowed to own dogs!!!

That is a terrible story! I'm sorry you (and the pup) are going through this. Although it is difficult for you in terms of money and reputation, I can't imagine what the puppy is going through with the poor care he is apparently receiving at her hands. I agree that the first step (if you do not wish to consult with an attorney in your area) is to send a letter yourself. If you would like help with legal jargon, I use it for a living every day (I'm an attorney in Pennsylvania). I won't be able to send a letter for you but I could look at a draft and make suggestions for you. Let me know if I can help.

Actually I did that and I got her attention. Then I think she either thought I was bluffing or didn't care and told me where to go again. I have always keep things as friendly as possible. I have never said anything rude(to her) or accused her of anything other than calling her on her lies.

In my last e-mail I gave her 3 options
    1. give the dog back
    2. Pay the money owing
    3. Let my lawyer continue. I told her I would go after MY court costs as well as pain and suffering as well as damages. She has commited libel,slander defimation of character as well as breech of contract.
    I have not had a response yet.
    After this I am at a loss of things to do.
    She could not afford any legal action.
    I am still mad at myself for causing this.

Venessa,

If I were you I would drive over there and repossess that dog. This lady has no idea what she is doing and is actually harming this pug i.e. changing food too often and bathing in incorrect soaps. She hasn't paid anything so I would bring back her deposit and say you changed you mind and that legally she has NO recourse. If she doesn't return the pup then let her know you are calling the police to report theft, and depending on the cost of the dog it could be felony charges. I have little patience for folks who pull this crap. When I placed my first litter I was oooh so careful, stringent screening, contracts, health certification and proof of eye and hip cert. One person I sold a pup to out of this litter feeds her sheltie large quantities of human food and he has since then become HUGE. He is so obese that he has rolls of fat on his belly, back, even around his tail. He has blown out a knee and had two repairative surgeries and to watch him walk is horrible, he is in so much pain. And would you believe that this lady claims it's because of genetics??? It couldn't possibly be that this sheltie is...get this...35 pounds over weight???? The rest of the litter is healthy and hasn't had one issue. The second litter never had a health issue and is was the same Dam and Sire used. Both parents are champions and come from a long line of champions, all of which were screened for health problems. I have told her numerous times to walk the dog and put him on a calorie restricted diet and she acts like he is on a diet (I have seen her husband feed this dog an entire, heaping plate of food). So don't despair, there will always be a person who likes playing the "martyr" role, i.e. "I rescued this poor puppy from a mill" when none of the above is true. I understand if you feel ticked and want to smack this lady, try to resist the urge when you get your puppy back.

~Sarah

If you do take steps to take the puppy back, I would advise having the police with you. I would also start compiling all of your information and document EVERYTHING. Do you have proof that she didn't pay the full cost for the puppy? Did she ever e-mail you saying that she will provide the rest of the money at a later date? Even an e-mail from her saying that she won't pay the rest of the money would be helpful. Print out all e-mails, a copy of any contract for sale, vet records, etc. It does not appear that she will be reasonable and work with you. It is time to involve the authorities (legal or police). Good luck!

Georgia Pug is offline Village Heart of Gold

Default Puppy

I agree with Sarah, it is time to take the puppy back
    before she does any more damage to it. Take it back
    and find a good home for it. This woman does not deserve
    to have a dog.

The Georgia Pugs
    If You Can't Say Anything Nice,
    Just Don't Say Anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast