My pugs dont get on
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My pugs dont get on

Liamgoulden is offline New to the Village

Default My pugs dont get on

I bourght a puppy pug for my nearly 2 year old pug to play with. Something that will make her feel safe and keep her company when no ones in.its been just over 2 weeks and shes not bonding to him like i hoped, i did a lot of reseach before i came to the conclusion of buying another one. Im hoping this will be my last blog lol. Can anyone help me!
    Will they ever get on?
    Is there anything i can do to ease them closer to each other?
    My 2 year old is naturally timid and scared of everything. The pup is every out going confindent and going through a biting and nipping stage.
    Hes too young at mo but i got plans to get him nuetured as soon as will this help calm him right down?
    I dont want to get rid of him but if he keeps upseting older one i will

Tygermoth is offline Village Senator

Hi,

I only have one pug so i can only pass on what i have observed.

Puppies are a pain if you are a older dog.
    No really, a right pain
    They are loud, frantic noisy and boisterous
    The bite, they dont know when to stop and chill
    the attention is now shared, even greatly reduced as puppy needs alot of care and attention,

But all is lost. again only one dog here so if i was you.... my plan of attack would be periods of separation. Where puppy has a play pen and older dog free roams. they can see each other and aware that they are there. Only small periods of time have them together so older dog doesn't get frustrated by puppy.

Barry was neutered at 6mo - trust me it didn't change his hyper status one bit - only growing up did that (namely when he hit two)

If you do look to re-home... i am looking for a second pug - if you are in Halifax UK :) (tongue in cheek)
    Last edited by Tygermoth; 11-07-2015 at 03:13 AM.
    Samantha and Lord Barrington Smythe (Barry the Pug)

Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally... :D

Tygermoth is offline Village Senator

Oh, i see. You have two threads (though i am glad to see my advice is mirroed in that thread :) ) Phew!

Please post to the main thread - stops confusion
    Samantha and Lord Barrington Smythe (Barry the Pug)

Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally... :D

+ Reply to Thread