Miss Nilla's vet checkup and new "trick"
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Miss Nilla's vet checkup and new "trick"

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Default Miss Nilla's vet checkup and new "trick"

So last night Miss Nilla got a bubble bath so she'd be pretty for her vet checkup today. Apparently, Little Miss "I'm too smart for my own good" Nilla has learned to SHIVER at will! She was wet and chilled after her bath and so Daddy wrapped her in a blanket and put her on his lap. A bit later, he moved her, blanket and all, to a chair next to him. She shivered. Daddy put her back on his lap. She shivered. Daddy gave her a treat and tucked the blanket around her more. Later, when silly Daddy tried to move her back to the chair again... she stared at him.... and shivered on an out breath. When it didn't get her a lap, she tried again! Stare... shiver. LOL She was dry. She wasn't cold. She learned that shivering gets attention and occasional treats!!!! Oh man, what do you do with a pug like that?! Too smart!

Nilla had a good checkup. Nilla has a bit of cataract starting and a bit of plaque on her teeth. But the Vet was very pleased with her weight and said everything looked pretty good overall. For 13 years young, Nilla is still a spunky little spitfire! Vet got to pet Nilla a bit and Nilla even wagged her tail for the vet and looked happy.... but then the vet leaned in too close to shine the light in Nilla's eyes and that was the end of the romance. Warning Snap! Vet said "That was my fault, I know better! With Nilla's last breath she will still warn me away from her face!" Yup! Nilla has come so far from how she behaved when we first adopted her, but she still doesn't like anyone in her comfort zone unless she gives permission first. Oh, and no "baby talk!" She hates baby talk! I think Nilla feels insulted by it! LOL "No one would get up in Napoleon's or Caesar's grill and talk baby talk at him! Treat me like the Empress that I am!"
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

I am glad her check up went well, must be all her spunk that is keeping her a young.
    I will have to pay attention, I think Maggie may shiver to get attention too, who knew! A lap and wrapped in a blanket is where a pug belongs, she knows best.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and babyroni like this.
    Susan, mom to Bo, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

PapayaThePug is offline Village Mayor

I'm glad Nilla's check up went well. I didn't know she is 13, it's nice to hear she is in good health and still enjoying tricking her parents :) Pug love!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and babyroni like this.
    Papaya & Kiwi's Mom

"If it's not a pug, it's just a dog"

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

:-) I need a picture!!!!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

Loconn55 is offline Village Royalty

"No one would get up in Napoleon's or Caesar's grill and talk baby talk at him! Treat me like the Empress that I am!"
    Tell it, sister! Glad she got a clean bill of health and put that nosy doctor in his place! You go, grrl!
    See Lisa's (6 Beautiful Pugs) 'wishlist' for her grumble at the Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch and help them out at:http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...ref=cm_sw_su_w

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

I think we have another Oscar-winning performance for best actress in a lead role. What a character Miss Nilla is!! I'm so glad for her clean bill of health. I had no idea she is 13 either.
    Last edited by Lu Ci and Ri Ki; 12-03-2015 at 11:50 PM.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

babyroni is offline Village Royalty

Miss Nilla is still a spunky little firecracker, not afraid to set the limits! Glad she got a clean bill of health.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and ODemPugz like this.

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

Glad she got a clean bill of health and hope she keeps her spunk! I love that!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

Glad to see that the talented lady had a good check-up.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Yup, she turned 13 this past August. I think her spunk does keep her young! And I'd like to think that good food and care helps too. We have local friends with 2 pugs aged 13 and 14 and you'd never know Nilla is the same age.... such a huge differences in behavior, coat condition and movement. We do notice Nilla seems to be sleeping harder / more soundly over the past year or so and I think she might be losing just a bit of hearing. But she can still hear a string cheese package being opened from 2 rooms away!
    Oh, and I feel I should clarify. By "warning snap," I mean that Nilla "snapped at the air." She didn't actually bite the vet. She's never done that. She's bit me, but it's when I was breaking up a fight or something similar. And never hard... she actually has a fairly soft mouth. But we still never let kids or strangers pet her.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast