Rush question - Tunafish and pugs - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rush question - Tunafish and pugs

My crazy grandmother (who had me almost full-time until I was 4) raised me to believe that green vegetables were bad for you because she did not tolerate some vegetables very well. Seriously! Can you imagine telling a 3-year-old (and yes, I can remember) to pick out the vegetables because they're bad for you! Well, now, I know that vegetables are good for you, but can't bring myself to eat them because I've got a negative association with them from the crazy dragon lady.

So good for you for trying not to project your food issues to the kid or the pug.

tocents is offline Village Bug Shutterbug

My vet says that salmon is incredibly good for them (he swears that the govt. should just add the beneficial fish oils to the water ) He says that they are discovering more and more benefits to the omega oils (cannot remember if it's the 3 or 6 or 9 oils) for animals...

So, mine do get the occasional dollop of canned salmon....
    Cathy, Dino Bambino the Lawless Terrier, Laura-Lovey the Pug Diva and Sparky Boo Boo, the Pug Mutt

And playing together at The Bridge
    Bubba Chunk, Gentleman and Scholar
    Lucy the Beagledor
    Liza, the sweet little bundle of good nature
    Big Roxie
    Barney the Wonderbug
    Whompin' Stompin' Walter-A Legend in His Own Mind
    Sweet Rascal Joe

how old is your baby? I'm still nursing and they say I can only eat 6oz a week of tuna because of the mercury.......

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

javalita is offline Village Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Maryjo's Gang
    Jeannette, the laughy's should have showed you I was kidding!!

Your post sounded funny to me, too!!

Oh yeah...well...emm....what can I say???! I was a bit defensive and running to a doctors appt when I posted. I didn't see the laughys! (((Sorry)))!

He hardly ate any in the end. I just about barfed serving it. I really have a negative association with tuna and hate the smell of it. I think maybe I am not going to be able to get past this one for his sake. That and eggplant. I just can't endure either one of them. But at least eggplant doesn't stink.

I'm going to crawl under my chair now....

Jeannette and Ruby

My beloved Java, at the rainbow bridge and sadly missed

My sweet old man Curly, at the rainbow bridge. We miss that boy!

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

I know Viralmd has posted before about not serving tuna. Rest on this wisdom, when baby Sean (?) reaches public school and eats casserole, there will be tuna a plenty. Baby hood and toddler land are all about the special recipes that only mom can cook, and very few of the include tuna. For the record, my dogs are enslaved to the canned mackeral that is spooned on their dish of kibble. I always fed my children with the dogs on the floor, and if I remembered I would pass down a spoonful of dog food to wash the baby scraps along. Did I miss the pics, dear, these eyes are not what they once were.

On very rare occasions, I pour the water from the canned Tuna on the pug"s kibble. They LOVE it. Mercury is associated with neurological problems but it's not just the Tuna. For humans, there are other sources of mercury, i.e. the fillings in our teeth.

Being paranoid about pugs & seizures, I would go very lightly on tuna for the dogs (and myself since I have huge dental fillings.)

Have to say this is an interesting thread. I had no idea about Mercury and tuna. I ate it a lot as a kid, it was my favorite lunch. Hmm, maybe that explains... oh never mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12