Help for handicapped pug angel named Foo!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By scooterpug77
  • 2 Post By scooterpug77

Thread: Help for handicapped pug angel named Foo!

Foopammy is offline New to the Village

Exclamation Help for handicapped pug angel named Foo!

My pug foo is paralyzed and her days are not spent running around the house. They are spent on pads  This makes WAG such a great thing for her! She gets stroller walks every day and sessions to just relax in the grass and soak up the sun! Please click below and Vote for Foo for WAG President and help a fellow pug! Her handicapped heart thanks you!!! If she wins she will get three months of walks for free! #voteforfoo

https://wagwalking.com/dog-president/foo

Also curious to talk to other owners of handicapped pugs. Foo is 14 and has been paralyzed for 2 years.

Thx

Pam and foo

scooterpug77 is offline Village Mayor

I currently have some handicapped pugs, have had several over the past 10 yrs.

Have you tried a cart for her? If she has use of her front legs, a cart is so liberating for these pugs. It gives them back their sense of independence. Lets them get around outside and feel normal again. I have a few extras depending on her size that I can ship to you free if you think she can use it.

Also you mentioned that she is on pads? If you express the bladder about 3-4 times per day she wont leak and need those pads. It takes a bit of practice, but easy once you get use to it, and it will help Foo as much as it helps the house. If you need more info on this please send me a pm, or reply here, and I can go over it with you.
    Mum to 11 current pug rescues: Bonkers, Sarah, Winston, Papa, Mugzee, Louie, Callie, Brutus, Teeto Lindy & Walter
    RIP beloved pugs Faith, Samson, Bella, Casper, Carl, Odette, Emmitt, Toby, Scooter & Peanut

Foopammy is offline New to the Village

She has a cart and a stroller and I do express her bladder twice a day so all set there. The pads are just for old lady leaks and her comfort. They are washable as well so the system tends to work. Only thing I can't find a solution for is her rash in her lower area. Any suggestions there?

She hates her cart sadly, it may be her age. She goes a few steps and gives up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

scooterpug77 is offline Village Mayor

not sure on the rash, but if its related to urine leakage, zinc ointment will work, same as for babies. Most handicapped pugs cant bend around enough to lick the area, so the ointment is perfectly safe to use on them. BTW same as people, these guys need to relieve their bladders more frequently as they get older. If you can manage more than twice per day it may clear that up.

If you haven't tried already, you can adjust the cart to take weight OFF the front legs. The side bars on most carts should be level ideally, but if she is having trouble or uncomfortable, and as they age, I move the saddle to actually put more weight on the cart and less on the front legs. Might be worth a try. I have 2 currently in carts that are both 14+ yrs old, and they still love their carts and the mobility/independence it provides.
    Wonka & Nilla and CSollers like this.
    Mum to 11 current pug rescues: Bonkers, Sarah, Winston, Papa, Mugzee, Louie, Callie, Brutus, Teeto Lindy & Walter
    RIP beloved pugs Faith, Samson, Bella, Casper, Carl, Odette, Emmitt, Toby, Scooter & Peanut

+ Reply to Thread