Carrots seem to be a high value treat
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By pugaddiction
  • 2 Post By Wonka & Nilla

Thread: Carrots seem to be a high value treat

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

Default Carrots seem to be a high value treat

I gave Eddie and Roxie a small piece of carrot this morning as I was making my lunch. I turned around to get my lunch bag and all hell broke loose. Apparently piggy Roxie was moving in on Eddies pieces and he did not like that. Not much of a fight, just a lot of noise and turning around each other with a few gumming moments from Eddie (he has no teeth). Poor Roxie was trying to defend herself. Once I yelled and stamped my foot they both looked at me and stopped. Sheesh.
    Pug Mom to Chester
    Zoey, Eddie and Roxie have moved on to the bridge

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

We've had to break up a few fights because of food. Sienna even bit daddy when his hand got between her and Rosie.

Our little "nut" Rosie even likes lettuce.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    May 30, 2006 ~ January 11, 2021
    You will always always always be number one in my heart.
    I love you baby girl.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Must be something in the air lately! I'm glad you were able to get them to stop quickly and easily.

I got bit badly on Saturday morning and my finger is still throbbing and sore today. We were rushing to get ready to go out for the day, a friend was coming to our house so we could drive together for an event. I was eating a banana as fast as I could and the pugs got too excited while begging for a bite. Banana is a super-high value treat. Nilla launched herself at Wonka. He's usually my docile and loving boy, but he doesn't back down once the fight is on! I've separated many fights between them and I've been bit a few times, but this was the most painful I've ever had! OUCH! Blood everywhere from the gash on my finger. Hubby came racing inside when he heard me scream and got the pugs apart and into crates so I could tend my wound. Thankfully my friend didn't show up until after I had bandaged the wound and stopped crying. I hate when the dogs fight, really upsets me, and then the pain from the bite and stress of knowing that I didn't have much time to pull myself together before company arrived... a bad morning all in all. I spent the car ride to the event with my finger elevated and an ice pack around it. Thankfully it was a bit less painful by the time we arrived and I was mostly able to enjoy myself, with only occasional twinges from pain and swelling.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Oh my goodness Amy, that's terrible. Eddie and Roxie have never really gone at it before. Roxie, believe it or not, is my submissive one and always backs down. But this time Eddie didn't care whether she was backing down, he was just in a mood and did not want her to get his carrot.
    Pug Mom to Chester

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

I guess we're lucky. We've never really had a fight between Pugs. Minni would have kicked Ray's butt. Oscar, on the other hand, would be a handful for her.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Sorry to hijack your thread! When Nilla first came to live with us she had major issues. There were frequent dog fights and it was horrible. We humans needed to learn a lot and learn it quickly - about what was setting Nilla off, how to keep the pugs separated, and how to manage the environment to keep everyone safe. Long-story-short, Nilla had years of intensive training and medication and she is like a different dog now. Much happier in her own fur and generally a content little pug. The pugs get along well and fights are rare now. Unfortunately though, her beast still comes out a couple of times a year... and this was one of those times. The good thing though is that the pugs shake it off quickly (within minutes) and get back to loving each other... it takes me longer to shake it off, calm down and heal. Finger is better today, no longer throbbing, but still sore and useless.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

Sorry about your finger and not to worry about stealing anything, that's what this place is all about.
    I am quite shocked how quickly they were over this fight, like nothing ever happened. If it was me and someone was trying to bite me, I wouldn't get over it as quickly as they did. I would probably get some kind of revenge for sure.
    Pug Mom to Chester

+ Reply to Thread