My pug has long skinny legs?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: My pug has long skinny legs?

Kat&Evie is offline Village Puppy

Default My pug has long skinny legs?

Hello everyone, I hope I am posting in the right place. I was just wondering about my pug Evie. She seems to be smaller than other pug pups. To me it looks like she has more of a smaller feminine build with long thin legs. I know both of her parents are pugs (dad white, mom fawn). I plan to get a DNA test whenever I get around to it, but I was wondering what you all thought? Of course, if she is does happen to be mixed I don't care, I love her to death. I know she was bred for companion and not for showing, but if she is not pure pug, I'd like to at least know just for my own general curiosity. She will be 4 months on July 20th..I only started to wonder when I was asked a few times if she was a puggle because of her light ears and how long her legs were. Anyways, what do you guys think? Does anyone else's pugs have long thin legs? I tried to include a few pics from different angles of her face and also her legs, and also a pic of her mom and dad. To me her face definitely looks pug, not too sure of her body. Although she is so young, maybe it's just an awkward phase? haha. Sorry for so many pics. Also, I have been referring to her as an Apricot Fawn, is that correct for her? Thanks for any feedback :)

Edit: woah my pictures came out huge lol

funny face lol

Last edited by Kat&Evie; 07-05-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

I can't see your pictures.....do you have them stored somewhere like PhotoBucket? Pugs do seem to come in all shapes & sizes! I'd love to see pictures of your little Evie!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysmom View Post
    I can't see your pictures.....do you have them stored somewhere like PhotoBucket? Pugs do seem to come in all shapes & sizes! I'd love to see pictures of your little Evie!
    Aw man. I have them on Imgur for public viewing..hmm. I will try photo bucket
    Rugbysmom likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbysmom View Post
    I fixed it :)

ChristinePugMom is online now Village Royalty

One of my boys has longer legs and my personal opinion on my Elvis is that he is a backyard bred pug. Had I been better informed at the time I probably would not even had gone to look at him, so glad I did. But I could care less he is my heart and I love him so much. Buddy D seems to have come from a much better line and again it doesn't matter.

You have a beautiful and sweet looking baby.
    Renee likes this.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinePugMom View Post
    One of my boys has longer legs and my personal opinion on my Elvis is that he is a backyard bred pug. Had I been better informed at the time I probably would not even had gone to look at him, so glad I did. But I could care less he is my heart and I love him so much. Buddy D seems to have come from a much better line and again it doesn't matter.

You have a beautiful and sweet looking baby.
    Thank you! I agree it doesn't matter. I love all pugs. Especially mine :) I'm just curious if there are other pugs with a similar shape to hers.

Tygermoth is offline Village Senator

There looks to be something in the mix there - but very subtle. A hint of Jack Russell? actually relooking at the pic - a beagle looks a better fit. probably back a few generations. A DNA test would be quite interesting to see what it throws up.

She has the best of both :) lovely puggy looks but longer legs and nose, great for the running and breathing.

There are a few of us with longer legged pugs, my dude is like the giant of the pug world - he towers over most!
    Last edited by Tygermoth; 07-06-2017 at 02:02 AM.
    Samantha and Lord Barrington Smythe (Barry the Pug)

Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally... :D

Nina_W is offline Village Story Teller

White pugs are never pure pug, you can know for sure there's something in the mix.

But then, my puggy has long, skinny legs and is smaller than most pugs.

You have a gorgeous puggy, either way :)

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

As you say she is a gorgeous and very adorable dog, but I understand your annoyance if you paid the price for a pure pug and then don't get what you paid for.

Pugs do naturally come in varied shapes and sizes, my girl is long legged and not of the cobby show type build. She looks very much like the pugs in photos and paintings at the turn of the nineteenth century and I've no reason to suspect that she isn't 100% pug.

In your case however, the father was white. Certainly UK pug show breeders refuse to accept that it is genetically possible to create a white pug (and the many other non recognised colours now appearing) without there being cross breeding some generations back. Recent DNA tests carried out on two white girls - ex breeding bitches dumped out of puppy breeding farms by a rescue showed that they were 20-25% bulldog, Jack Russell terrier.

I recently came across Panda pugs- sold at sky high prices - like you're talking 10,000 plus! I'll leave you to form your own opinion as to what you think of these - and if you believe that they are 100% pure pugs

shaynapug and Lu Ci and Ri Ki like this.

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

Ohhhhh, the cuteness. She really is an adorable little pup, and from the pictures I would say she probably would be apricot.

Others have already pointed out that as far as is known a white pug cannot be 100% pure pug. So I would expect a DNA test to show at least a little of something else in there. If you do have a test done, please let us know the results. I'd be really interested.

That said, others have also mentioned that pugs do come in different shapes and sizes. A leggy pup is not necessarily going to grow into a leggy adult, as different bits seem to have growth spurts at different times.

Lilyfayre - those panda pugs are hideous. I'm sure they're very lovely dogs but I think they look really creepy. Incidentally, I got chatting to a girl in the pub the other night and she was boasting about her cute pug, so of course we had to share pics. Her pug is apparently a "platinum" and she showed me a pic of a pretty badly-bred-looking mongrel. I couldn't bear to burst her bubble so I just said "I have never seen a platinum pug before" and then she said "Oh yes, and you can get white ones" at which point I had to say that there is no such thing as a white pug. I don't think she believed me.

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast