Darwin's week
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Darwin's week

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Default Darwin's week

Sunday
    The loud banging noises and growling emanating from the upstairs cleaning cupboard turned out to be Darwin vigorously 'killing' my feather duster
    Monday
    Looking everywhere for the set of back door keys to realise Darwin is following around behind me with them in his mouth. A total mystery as to how he acquired them
    Tuesday
    Darwin is thrilled with minuscule Kong frog toy - didn't notice it was an XS size, looks more like a cat toy. He's busy squeaking it in everyone's face including mine to demonstrate his ownership of this wonderful new toy
    Wednesday
    Darwin is less than pleased that today's new toy is a Kong air rugby ball especially for Xanthe. He watches patiently while she charges up and down the room with it until there's a lull and he's going for it! Totally ignoring Xanthe's growls of protest he just uses brute force to remove it from her jaws and immediately legs it up onto the back of the sofa to hold it out of her reach. Really surprised Xanthe didn't thump him one!
    Thursday
    Notice that the cat's bowl on the table in the conservatory is looking unusually clean and shiny. Think no more of it as it's out of reach. Whilst feeding the parrots I look up to see a large round shape moving around the other side of the crinkled glass window. Go into the conservatory to find that Darwin has leapt from the sofa onto the sideboard and now has his head firmly stuck inside a metal ornamental jug. Fortunately it comes off with 'plopping' noise and I didn't have to resort to using a can opener
    Friday
    Again whilst feeding the parrots I look up to see Darwin has managed to get onto the chair under the table, squeeze through the gap between the chair back and the table and has his body strangely contorted in order to get at the cat's bowl. The mystery of the shiny bowl is explained now
    Saturday
    Kerplunk! Darwin who for most of his 6 months of age has had no testicles at all has apparently magicked a pair of them overnight! Yay! We're going to cook some cocktail sausages at lunchtime to celebrate this momentous event!

IMG_4205 by Lily Fayre, on Flickr
    Last edited by LilyFayre; 10-21-2017 at 06:06 AM.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

Not a good morning here, but your Darwin Diary just brightened my whole day. Thank you. Kerplunk.....oh lordy

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

thank you I loved it
    LilyFayre likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

JustChuck is offline Village Senator

LOL. Such a busy pug.
    LilyFayre likes this.
    Former dad to Murphy and Sparky

ChristinePugMom is offline Village Royalty

You have your hands full with handsome Darwin. Loved reading about your week.
    LilyFayre likes this.
    Mom to Elvis and Buddy

Pug Mom Claire is offline Village Admiral

The Adventures of Darwin, AND a darling Darwin and friend photo...thanks so much for the smile!
    LilyFayre likes this.

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Love!!!!
    LilyFayre likes this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Just like having a very busy toddler. Loved reading about Darwin's week. As a side note: I would love to see some pix of your parrots.
    LilyFayre likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Here's a pic of Lulubelle. She arrived by taxi late one Saturday night with her cage, food and a huge bag of toys having travelled up from south London nearly twenty years ago now. Her owner had been panic stricken to learn that her step son (a convicted heroin dealer and addict) had been released early from prison and she knew that he'd steal Lulu to sell for drug money so wanted her in a place of safety. She had to put it mildly some very colourful language when she first arrived and didn't know how to speak African Grey at all! These days she speaks mainly African Grey having learnt it from other parrots I was rehabbing and says very few words unless it's something she's hearing a lot. She's currently quite clearly saying "be a good boy Darwin" in my voice - I didn't even realise I was saying that lol! The only other parrot I kept was Gabriella another African Grey of 24 years old that I've had since a baby and is closely bonded to me. The rest I rehomed to a rather lovely sanctuary in Wales about ten years ago when I started working longer hours so couldn't give them the out of cage time they needed anymore.

This is one of Lulu

IMG_3010 by Lily Fayre, on Flickr
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Thank you for the photo. Lulu is gorgeous.
    LilyFayre likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast