Pug ate cat food
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pug ate cat food

DeadChaos is offline New to the Village

Default Pug ate cat food

If a 7-8 months old pug with a hernia ate 10 cat food biscuits will it be detrimental to its health?

Snifter is offline Moderator/Village Merchant

I doubt it. There may be some loose stools to deal with. Watch out for obvious signs of a problem (lethargy, diarrhoea, vomiting) and take the pug to the vet if you are worried, but I would not have thought you will see anything major.

Is the hernia relevant to your concerns, or additional information for us? Where is the hernia?

Bella, mummy to Snifter and Toddy!

http://avrilmunson.wordpress.com

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Hi!

Well I suppose it might depend on what type of cat biscuits they were, but my puppy managed to climb up onto a table in my conservatory and scoff most of my cat’s breakfast of Iams cat food biscuits with no ill effects whatsoever.

Hope to hear more about your little Pug soon! :)
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

pugaddiction is offline Village Royalty

I wouldn't think it would be too bad but every pet reacts differently. Our adult pug got into a bag of cat food and ate about 1/4 of a bag. His stomach blew up like a balloon. Thankfully he was ok.
    I would keep an eye on him and see how he does.
    Pug Mom to Chester
    Zoey, Eddie and Roxie have moved on to the bridge

shaynapug is online now True Village Royalty

Just watch for bloating like you would with anything dry that they eat too much of....

One of the things that they'll give to dogs that aren't eating to try to get them to eat something is canned cat food.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

As long as he/she poops, it should be alright. The cat food itself wouldn't be an issue as a one time thing.
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

Mine have been known to steal the cat food once found them both (old ladies) so full they looked like they where going to have puppies! Not happy at all since they could barely move and had drunk water before I got home, the vet said not to let them drink (too late) and not to feed them for 8 hours (again not happy) My male at the time Angus was sitting forlornly being the gentlePug he was he had only eaten a small amount!
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

adampower is offline New to the Village

Thanks for the information.

patischof is offline New to the Village

I'm not sure what to tell you. However, the ingredients are the first things you should check. Also, it's better to contact a doctor to see what it's the best thing you can do now. I had a similar problem some months ago, and I was fortunate that I went to the doctor on time. He suggested I change my diet entirely and gave me some suggestions. I was lucky because the food I gave my cat was super clean since this website: cutepetcare.com, gives clean and valuable food that isn’t too harsh even if a human tries them.
    Last edited by patischof; 11-21-2022 at 07:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread