New pug - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New pug

Liodas is offline Village Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck and Ag's Mom View Post
    With Lolli, our new pup the vet has us feeding her 4-5 times a day to help ensure her blood sugar doesn't drop, especially since she is a very energetic pup. Not sure what your feeding or your schedule is like, but Lolli's breeder had her on Royal Canin wet, 1/4 can twice a day, with a tsp of plain yogurt twice a day and a small handful of Royal Canin puppy mixed in along with a little goats milk. Then for the other two mid day feedings we just put out dry food and let her eat as much as she wants, some days she eats everything and others she leaves some behind. Our vet said she didn't need the goats milk anymore but to keep up the feeding schedule until she gets a little bigger. Not saying this is what you need to do for your pup but just giving you an idea of what our pup is on, she is 10 weeks and 4.3 lbs. If he's a little underweight you probably should make sure he's not going to long between feedings just to avoid blood sugar drops.
    We were feeding him pedigree puppy wet and dry food. The vet told us to feed him the wet once a day but I'll start doing it twice a day. He's really small only weighs 2lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuck and Ag's Mom is offline Village Admiral

Wow 2 lbs is very small, you might want to make sure you have karo syrup or maple syrup around just in case he seems lethargic or listless. There is also a medicine you can buy called nutrical, most pet stores or vets have it. My daughter's yorkipoo was very small and we had to be very careful watching her, so we always had one of those on hand just to be safe.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy
    Forever in my heart Aggie, Tucker and Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck and Ag's Mom View Post
    Wow 2 lbs is very small, you might want to make sure you have karo syrup or maple syrup around just in case he seems lethargic or listless. There is also a medicine you can buy called nutrical, most pet stores or vets have it. My daughter's yorkipoo was very small and we had to be very careful watching her, so we always had one of those on hand just to be safe.
    The vet mentioned that too. He's been eating good the past 2 days. I hope he keeps improving.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

Feed him 4x a day at 2lbs! Feed him as much as he wants to eat. Does he eat the hard??? Do you have to soak it??? I mix some canned food into my dry food all the time. Have you had his stool checked?

Usually a vet can guess and age! Is his fontanelle closed totally?????
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Quote Originally Posted by shaynapug View Post
    Feed him 4x a day at 2lbs! Feed him as much as he wants to eat. Does he eat the hard??? Do you have to soak it??? I mix some canned food into my dry food all the time. Have you had his stool checked?

Usually a vet can guess and age! Is his fontanelle closed totally?????
    Yeah he was checked for parasites came back neg. He doesn't have a soft spot and he eats hard food. We keep hard food in his bowl all day he goes and eats throughout the day. The people we got him from didn't take very good care of him. I can tell a big difference in the was he behaves he is becoming more active and seems to be getting stronger.

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Liodas View Post
    Yeah he was checked for parasites came back neg. He doesn't have a soft spot and he eats hard food. We keep hard food in his bowl all day he goes and eats throughout the day. The people we got him from didn't take very good care of him. I can tell a big difference in the was he behaves he is becoming more active and seems to be getting stronger.

Opie is one lucky pup, you found him. I canít wait for new pictures. No parasites is a good thing. He thrives so keep doing what you are doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GordonBrunoPugMom View Post
    Opie is one lucky pup, you found him. I canít wait for new pictures. No parasites is a good thing. He thrives so keep doing what you are doing.

He didn't make it

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Oh, no. I'm so very sorry. I will be praying for comfort for you.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Oh, no......wasn't expecting this at all......I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dear little puppy! I wonder if the breeder was honest with you about Opie's age & health, etc.....If he was that sick, the breeder should at the very least have been paying your vet bills, & I'm also surprised the vet didn't seem to be more on top of this......Sending along hugs for you--you must be heartbroken. Run with the wind, little Opie! Lighting a candle for baby Opie in eastern WA
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

I am so sorry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast