• 11 Post By AmyR
  • 5 Post By LilyFayre
  • 1 Post By gemayer
  • 1 Post By GordonBrunoPugMom
  • 1 Post By Lu Ci and Ri Ki

Thread: This pup has broken me ... Lol

AmyR is offline Village Ninja Pug

Default This pup has broken me ... Lol

Took the boys for a quick wee in the garden. It's so hot, we don't go walkies until about 9pm. Charlie was sniffing about as normal and then came up to Will in an acceptable (to dogs) manner so I tried to ride with it and see how it went. I caught his paws a couple of times from hitting Wills eyes but other than that, I just patiently watched.
    Then I cried
    Because I saw Will think for a minute and then he patted Charlie on the head twice in a play attempt and ran off looking at him to chase. Then Will stopped and Charlie ran.

Yep, that's all that happened and I cried because I was so happy

I'm done. Broken. Emotionally spent

We'll ignore the fact that Charlie tried to bite Wills leg again before bed last night. This morning I told him it's a new day and lets see if you can show mummy some really good behaviour today. He listened! ...

...so far... Lol
    Last edited by AmyR; 08-05-2018 at 05:21 AM.
    Amy
    ~ Will's mum and servant!
    And now mummy to puppy Charlie too! Who said pugs are addictive?! :)

LilyFayre is offline Village Tea Pug

Awww! That’s really nice!

I had a bit of a ‘run in’ with another Pug owner in the park last week. Darwin and the other Pug are about the same age and have both been a little cautious of each other on previous meetings, but that day the other one started to enthusiastically swat his paws at Darwin’s face. Having moved Darwin back out of reach, I said to the owner “you’re going to have to watch him doing that if you get another Pug because of eye injuries”. His response was “it’s natural, it’s how pugs play” and was obviously as put out by my comment as I was at him letting his Pug swipe at Darwin’s face.

Well mine don’t do that, because like you I’ve trained them not to do it since they were little. I don’t particularly want my eyes poked out either! I was quite glad that he avoided us yesterday and stayed on the other side of the park, as apart from the swatting I’m tired of the snide comments to let Darwin off the lead. The park has three exits onto busy roads, I’m not fit enough to run any distance, and until I’m sure that his recall is totally reliable I’m afraid he’s staying on a long training lead.
    Last edited by LilyFayre; 08-05-2018 at 05:33 AM.
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

gemayer is offline Village Princess Puggy Pants

Hope the boys will be getting along well soon.
    AmyR likes this.
    22 years of love at rainbow bridge Gracie and Jon Jon, now joined by Macie my heart pug for 14 years and little Dixie gone too soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Bruno is a pawy dog . He can get very physical with Gordon and I have to watch closely. I sometimes pin down Bruno. Gordon and I gang up on him. Bruno just wants to play and don’t care if he is down. Mostly I redirect Bruno to play with me. Gordon just don’t care much to play. Bruno plays by him self too. Some pretend games, he pushes and catches his toys or just goes onto the bed bumping all pillows off , dragging bath mats around .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    AmyR likes this.

AmyR is offline Village Ninja Pug

Quote Originally Posted by LilyFayre View Post
    Awww! That’s really nice!

I had a bit of a ‘run in’ with another Pug owner in the park last week. Darwin and the other Pug are about the same age and have both been a little cautious of each other on previous meetings, but that day the other one started to enthusiastically swat his paws at Darwin’s face. Having moved Darwin back out of reach, I said to the owner “you’re going to have to watch him doing that if you get another Pug because of eye injuries”. His response was “it’s natural, it’s how pugs play” and was obviously as put out by my comment as I was at him letting his Pug swipe at Darwin’s face.

Well mine don’t do that, because like you I’ve trained them not to do it since they were little. I don’t particularly want my eyes poked out either! I was quite glad that he avoided us yesterday and stayed on the other side of the park, as apart from the swatting I’m tired of the snide comments to let Darwin off the lead. The park has three exits onto busy roads, I’m not fit enough to run any distance, and until I’m sure that his recall is totally reliable I’m afraid he’s staying on a long training lead.
    I know what you mean! It annoys me when people clearly let their dogs bounce and fly their paws everywhere in the park. I always try and teach mine not to for fear of any dogs eyes never mind pug ones!! And of course it is absolutely only your decision when to trust Darwin off the lead. Goodness knows what I'll be like with Charlie when we get to that stage, took me so long to consider it with Will! And Charlie is waaayyyy more hyper!!

Reminds me of when I met a bulldog in the park with Will and my mum. Both dogs were on lead (I think it was around the time the swans had babies) and the dogs approached. The bulldog was a big chunky fella (didn't look unhealthy, just a really big muscly bulldog!!) and he approached Will with some "umph", think he was only about 2. Mum instinctively grabbed the bulldogs harness and pulled him back. I know 100% that mum was concerned for Will and did it in his best interests. And I appreciate it but I did make the point that I would hit the roof if someone yanked on my dogs harness! The guy didn't say anything about it but I did feel guilty. The bulldog didn't even notice!lol. I think he was just too young to be fully sociable!
    Amy
    ~ Will's mum and servant!
    And now mummy to puppy Charlie too! Who said pugs are addictive?! :)

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default This pup has broken me ... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by AmyR View Post
    I know what you mean! It annoys me when people clearly let their dogs bounce and fly their paws everywhere in the park. I always try and teach mine not to for fear of any dogs eyes never mind pug ones!! And of course it is absolutely only your decision when to trust Darwin off the lead. Goodness knows what I'll be like with Charlie when we get to that stage, took me so long to consider it with Will! And Charlie is waaayyyy more hyper!!

Reminds me of when I met a bulldog in the park with Will and my mum. Both dogs were on lead (I think it was around the time the swans had babies) and the dogs approached. The bulldog was a big chunky fella (didn't look unhealthy, just a really big muscly bulldog!!) and he approached Will with some "umph", think he was only about 2. Mum instinctively grabbed the bulldogs harness and pulled him back. I know 100% that mum was concerned for Will and did it in his best interests. And I appreciate it but I did make the point that I would hit the roof if someone yanked on my dogs harness! The guy didn't say anything about it but I did feel guilty. The bulldog didn't even notice!lol. I think he was just too young to be fully sociable!
    I used to have mini wire Dachshunds and big dogs mostly young once would pounce on their backs. One of my dogs got hurt on his back from the weight of a heavy mutt. He had issues for the rest of his life and needed the IDC surgery as a result of that. The one time a big dog was in the small dog area with the excuse of being a puppy cost my dog pain and become eventually paralyzed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Just about the time you are ready to throw in the towel they do something totally endearing.
    Wonka & Nilla likes this.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

+ Reply to Thread