The time of year my anxiety rises!!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Shannon C
  • 3 Post By Wonka & Nilla
  • 1 Post By GordonBrunoPugMom
  • 1 Post By shaynapug
  • 1 Post By Shannon C

Thread: The time of year my anxiety rises!!

Shannon C is offline Village VP

Default The time of year my anxiety rises!!

That time of year ago where we go to our annual Disney trip and my anxiety is through the roof leaving the dogs. As most of you know wer are in middle of building our home. We are in this big old rental. Stairs steep..Lyla only one who will go up them but won't come down. We have been here since March so needless to say its hard carrying dogs up and down the stairs daily. Dogs do sleep with us in our bed and I know they are comfortable in our room in bed. We were just away for my brothers wedding and my friend who always stays with them was here this past weekend with them. After the weekend my friend told me he just ended up sleeping on couch with Brody and Lyla. He said he tried bringing Emma in the living room with him but she kept wanting to come back to her bed she is always in that is always in dining area. My heart sank thinking Emma was in that bed entire time. I know Emma doesn't get around anymore but I feel better having her rotate and know she loves going up to my bed at night. Now I am nervous same thing with hapen when I am away for 9 days!!!!!! I wish I could buy a big queen mattress to keep downstairs haha. I stress over the small stuff but I am really stressed about my upcoming trip
    Rugbysmom likes this.

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

How about an inflatable mattress to put in the living room? They make some now that are quite nice.

I would stress out too, if I were you. That's why we only vacation where the pugs can go with us. It limits where we go - but finances limit us more than the pugs do, and I just feel happier when they are with us.

I do hope you are able to enjoy your vacation though and enjoy making special memories with the kids. I used to LOVE going to Disney with my grandma when I was young. It's great that you have a friend who can come and house sit and stay with the dogs. That must be a big comfort.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

To be honest . Once we added Bruno we just have been taking our guys with us. Of course itís not possible for everyone and with more than 2 itís almost impossible.
    Do you use a camera at all ? When my Dachshund got cancer I felt so bad going to work ...I got a Furbo treat camera and certainly it gives me peace of mind while gone. It seems you can communicate well with your dog sitter perhaps make out a schedule for Emma?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    allygirl likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

I understand!

I sleep on a blow up bed in motel rooms.....my hips are bad!!!!

I hate leaving my guys too!!!!
    Rugbysmom likes this.
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Chairperson of PDCA Rescue Committee

Shannon C is offline Village VP

I think I need to set up my blow up mattress haha! I fully trust my dog sitter. We grew up together he’s one of my best friends and my dogs love him. He sends pics and calls me when I am away. But you know no one can take better care of your pugs than yourself! Every year I have a great time it’s just that beforehand anxiety. I need to look into something to calm me like an all natural supplement haha. Any suggestions!?
    allygirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread