I could not sleep tonight ....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: I could not sleep tonight ....

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default I could not sleep tonight ....

Admin not sure where to post this ....

I went to dog training orientation class yesterday. There was no dogs for the 1st day.
    And the lady next to me told me she owns a pug . He is not the one signed up for class. Of course I pull out my phone to show off photos and she showed me hers. She told me he is a big boy and from the headshot I could tell he probably is, with all those wrinkles around his neck.
    She was talking with the Trainer and within the conversation I found out she works 12 hour shifts, she was wearing scrubs. A little in the conversation she was telling us her pug ( and other dogs ) are kept outside . The dog trainer probably thought she did not hear correctly, she asked for a dog door .
    I said it is to hot for my pugs they go outside for pee only.
    She said they have build doghouse which is heated in winter . And the area is all shady . She tried to show me a picture but I could not tell what she was pointing at .
    I again mentioned it‘s to hot for my dogs and I actually asked the Trainer repeatedly to be 100% sure the training class was indoors.
    Of course I could not sleep thinking of best actions to educate this women and convey to her that is is cruelty for any dog but for some breeds like pugs it is life threatening. It is 90+ outside and humid . No shade will make it cooler . I wonder if I should ask her how long she is willing to sit outside with her dogs in the as she called it “ Little dog house” all the way in the end of her yard ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 07-10-2019 at 05:22 AM.

Shannon C is offline Village Admiral

Oh this would bother me to no end. I also would be losing sleep over this. No pug should be kept outside all day. How horrible!

Tinker's mom is offline Village Royalty

That's cruel and neglectful.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Jackie,Mom to Robbie & Stacy my human children and Tinker my furkid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

shaynapug is offline True Village Royalty

When I was married...many many years ago.....We got a letter from anti cruelty! It said that we were being fined only $400 for being first time offenders for leaving our dog outside in the cold! I called them......and told them to come look. We had proper housing and then asked if the person reporting us told them what kind of dog we had! The answer was no. When I told them it was a pure bred Siberian Husky...I was told to forget the letter!

Call and report the person!

If they're outside cuz she works 12 hr shifts....she can get a dog walker! I go to my neighbors house whenever she works to let her dogs out and feed them! She, too, works 12 hr shifts as a ICU Nurse!
    Diane
    Shayna Pugs
    http://www.midmichiganpugclub.com
    Member of PDCA Rescue Committee

puglover22 is offline Village Royalty

ask her if she's willing to let you adopt him because he will have a better life with you!
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and Suri like this.

Stephanie, pugmom to Louie Livewire - 3/15/06 - 6/30/22
    and my 4 angels waiting at the bridge....
    the very special Junior, my pug angel who is doing agility at the rainbow bridge 11/22/91 - 3/13/06
    the very special Danny, my first dog, a Dandie Dinmont Terrier 4/5/70 - 2/10/84
    the very special Paddy, the pug who was loved around the world, who my family had the pleasure and honor of loving for the last 3 years and 5 months 5/1/98 - 8/6/14
    the very special Frannie, the tiniest baby girl pug we ever knew - came into our lives 12/18/16 - 6/26/21

HeidiHoog is offline Village Admiral

That is so sad. Poor dogs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Poor baby. I agree with Shaynapug on calling someone. I don't think this woman is going to listen.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    May 30, 2006 ~ January 11, 2021
    You will always always always be number one in my heart.
    I love you baby girl.

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

This is what I gave to the lady that told me "your Pugs are air condition spoiled, they can stay outside with fans") it was 105 that summer in the shade! 101 in the shade last Sunday!

https://www.pugvillage.com/hot_weather.htm
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

Lu Ci and Ri Ki is offline Village Ya-Ya

Quote Originally Posted by SiennasMommy View Post
    Poor baby. I agree with Shaynapug on calling someone. I don't think this woman is going to listen.
    We never touch people so lightly that we don't leave a trace.

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

I got feel out the situation . I don’t know nothing about her just of what she told me . The dog trainer was just as baffled as I was and maybe she will try to cover a topic about leaving dogs outside next dog class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast