I could not sleep tonight .... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: I could not sleep tonight ....

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Those poor dogs! And especially the pug. So sad. I hope the dog trainer does bring it up at the next class... maybe in a general way about dogs and summer heat. But I doubt that would make a difference to someone like you've described.
    SiennasMommy likes this.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug and Noodles the Frenchie
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Keep us posted. We're all concerned for this little pug. I panic when we are in the car (going to the vet or groomer) and they start panting. I very much fear them overheating.
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki and HeidiHoog like this.
    Sienna Foo Ming Geeting
    May 30, 2006 ~ January 11, 2021
    You will always always always be number one in my heart.
    I love you baby girl.

allygirl is offline Village Admiral

Before calling animal control on her, try to take the time to educate and learn more of her story. She very well could be some one who is not educated or doesn't understand. Maybe she has too much on her plate at the moment, throwing AC on her won't help. I would try to find out how long she has had a pug living in those conditions. Also, and it may be different in different areas but it can feel considerably cooler in the shade than sun around here. It will be in the 90's here and humid, and Ally and I will go sit under the big maple tree and it's not too bad, now I wouldn't want her rough housing with another dog in that heat but just chilling under the tree, she doesn't start over heating. I would never leave her unattended though.

In Indiana, if the animals have food, water, proper shelters, and does not appear to be in distress, AC can't legally do anything about it, so that's something else to keep in mind.
    Amy
    Mom to 2 pugs and 6 cats!
    Ally,, Delilah, Ethel, Jalapeno, Lucy, Garfield, Missy, Baby Myla
    Gone but never forgotten: Buttercup, Tinkerbell, Macy & Zoe

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by allygirl View Post
    Before calling animal control on her, try to take the time to educate and learn more of her story. She very well could be some one who is not educated or doesn't understand. Maybe she has too much on her plate at the moment, throwing AC on her won't help. I would try to find out how long she has had a pug living in those conditions. Also, and it may be different in different areas but it can feel considerably cooler in the shade than sun around here. It will be in the 90's here and humid, and Ally and I will go sit under the big maple tree and it's not too bad, now I wouldn't want her rough housing with another dog in that heat but just chilling under the tree, she doesn't start over heating. I would never leave her unattended though.

In Indiana, if the animals have food, water, proper shelters, and does not appear to be in distress, AC can't legally do anything about it, so that's something else to keep in mind.
    I am not calling AC . I met this women at dog training orientation and don’t even have a name. I will see if she tells me more next week. But it is dog training and I Am there working with Bruno and not for social hour. I will so ask the the dog trainer about this .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CSollers is offline Village Sugar Daddy

If I knew her name, I'd report her.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Chris, owned by Minni the diva, and "Sugar" Ray the ever hungry.
    Ray has since crossed the bridge but stays forever in my heart. I love you, Boo Boo. Oscar Wilde Thang has joined the family.
    DH to Ellen , DD to Lindsay and Carrie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12