• 1 Post By sassismom
  • 4 Post By Wonka & Nilla
  • 1 Post By GordonBrunoPugMom
  • 1 Post By sassismom
  • 2 Post By tall grass pugs

Thread: Hercules the "mastiff"

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

Default Hercules the "mastiff"

OK he attacked my sister literally on Christmas eve! He has not acted like that toward the renter, she brought in presents I don't know if it was sucking on the vap thing or what but he really went after her! I asked her to squat down and let him sniff her, she didn't corporate just tossed him a treat. For his sake and hers I put him in his kennel so we could eat, then she left for Memphis.

When she gets back we will re visit the issue and see if we can get him to be nice! IF he had been a big dog we would have been headed to the ER!
    Suri likes this.
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

Wonka & Nilla is offline Village Dancing Jitterpug

Oh no! So sorry to read this. However, he has had a lot of change in a very short time so I imagine he was stressed out a bit for Christmas. Maybe she moved quickly or in a way that seemed threatening to him or did something that spooked him? I hope this was a one-time issue and Hercules calms down and learns to accept everyone.
    Village Moderator

Mom to Miss Jelly Bean "Beanie" Licorice Pug
    Forever in our hearts:
    Miss Nilla Sassafras Pug August 17, 2002 to April 19, 2018
    And my Heart-Dog...
    Wonka the Dancing Pug, CGC, W-FD, W-TFD.
    Februrary 11, 2005 to May 10, 2020. Miss you, sweet boy!

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default Hercules the "mastiff"

In my experience sometimes dogs get spooked by unusual things. She carried presents . My Dachshund was suspicious of people with big shopping bags . Gordy just got spooked by a ballon
    A Pug ballon !
    Hercules was raised by a young guy who knows what was going on .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Suri likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

Suri is online now Village Secret Super-Star

My setter does not like people coming in the front door wearing a hat, or bundled up in a coat, he challenged my son last week, his previous owner,sometimes we wonder why he doesn't see or smell who it is, but he doesn't. it will be a learning experience. At least he is tiny and manageable. He is so new in your home he may be very confused right now.
    Susan, mom to Bo, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

Rugbysmom is offline Village Royalty

Heidi doesn't like anybody coming in & will rush at them barking like crazy with hackles up--she will even do this to dh if he goes into the bathroom or bedroom for a few minutes, then suddenly reappears. She never bites anybody & "gets over it" pretty quickly. She doesn't like it when anybody comes in all bundled up either, & our friend who is visiting for Christmas had the bad sense to come in the living room either "antlers" on...I attribute her behavior to her being used for breeding until breeder retired her, &she probably developed protective behavior because she was probably always trying to protect her babies from the other dogs in the house, & also she might not like strangers coming in because they were always taking her babies away. Also I don't think she could see possibly see well because she has pretty heavy pk on one eye, & some on the other, also....

I hope Hercules will settle in for you soon!
    Rugbysmom

Rugby 7/10/02 - 9/28/15 Miss you, little girl! You're always in my heart!

Molly DOB: 7/6/04

sassismom is offline Village Original Southern Dame

I think it was the juicy steak on the counter! He wanted it for himself! He was fine at the liquor store and there where lots of people in there
    Suri likes this.
    "A life without pugs is possible but pointless." Vicco von Bülow My Sweet Babies until we meet again at the Bridge Sassi (1998 - 2011) Angus (2005 - 2017) Meelah (2005 - 2018) Sissi (2011 - 2019) Cecil (2018 - 2020)

tall grass pugs is offline Village Orb Weaver Advocate

three days to meet you, three weeks to adjust to house routine, three months to get it together-----don't rush him, didn't he have connections to a kill shelter, and why did the boy release him all together, does he have a bite record/your insurance agent will love this, can you build him a man cave to use as a chill out retreat, can you and this is important, take him to the vet for a complete run through from mouth/teeth to anal glands
    Suri and Tonkasmom like this.

+ Reply to Thread