Did you prepare ? Coronavirus ? Pugs ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: Did you prepare ? Coronavirus ? Pugs ?

GordonBrunoPugMom is offline Village Royalty

Default Did you prepare ? Coronavirus ? Pugs ?

I might be overreacting after I saw my sister send me pictures from Germany.
    I did buy supplies . But foremost got my dogs needs covered.
    Both of my guys eat hard to find prescription food so we got 2 big bags extra each .
    I also picked up extra filters for the water fountain.
    I got 6 month each heartworm prevention on top what we already have here .
    I picked up more Brevecto .
    I took a Gordon to eye Dr he prescribed an ointment and 12 refills in case he getís a scratch ( his eyes look good no PK progression and he got great tear production)
    Filled Apoquel and Rimadyl and ear medication just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GordonBrunoPugMom; 03-08-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Shannon C is offline Village VP

I just now started freaking out when I was not last week. Doing daycare out of my home I Lysol the toys daily after work each day. I ran out so like normal went to target to get more. No Lysol. Went to Walmart. No Lysol. Went to food store. No Lysol. I finally came home to go on amazon. NO LYSOL!! Then when I noticed the water was limited on shelves I became to freak! Lucky today I found 1 can at store. So I grabbed it. A local cvs has a sign on door saying one sanitizer per customer and it’s behind shelf. So I went on chewy to order a big bag of dog food!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon C View Post
    I just now started freaking out when I was not last week. Doing daycare out of my home I Lysol the toys daily after work each day. I ran out so like normal went to target to get more. No Lysol. Went to Walmart. No Lysol. Went to food store. No Lysol. I finally came home to go on amazon. NO LYSOL!! Then when I noticed the water was limited on shelves I became to freak! Lucky today I found 1 can at store. So I grabbed it. A local cvs has a sign on door saying one sanitizer per customer and itís behind shelf. So I went on chewy to order a big bag of dog food!!
    Man my Walmart had aisles of hand sanitizer I should have grabbed more than 1 ?

Tuck and Ag's Mom likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PugVillage.com
    Advertisements

LilyFayre is online now Village Tea Pug

Yes I’ve already got plenty of dog and cat food in and some extra supplies of food for myself just in case I have to self isolate. Who knows how this is going to play out over the next few months. My best friend will be 80 years old in a fortnights time, but I gave her her birthday present yesterday as it seems likely the government may issue a directive for all of the elderly to stay at home and no visitors next week. Can’t say I like the idea of being lumped in the “elderly and vulnerable” over 60’s age group myself either!!
    Suzie
    Bree, Xanthe and Darwin

SiennasMommy is offline Village Royalty

Handmade Home Sanitizers - 5x (one is real easy)

https://mom.com/momlife/9630-5-homemade-hand-sanitizers

I would recommend this one (the tea tree is bad for dogs)

Plain vinegar

The sanitizer: 5% solution of white vinegar. (This is the concentration in the bottle from the grocery store.)

How it works: Vinegar is an antibacterial agent that kills 99% of bacteria. It's also nontoxic, nonpolluting, and edible.

How to use: Keep in a small spray bottle in your bag. Spray on hands so the entire surface of hands is wet. Rub all over, then wipe or shake dry.

Common concerns: The strong smell of vinegar will dissipate quickly, leaving your hands clean and odor-free. But if you dislike the smell, cover it up with a few drops of lavender or lemon essential oil.
    Sienna's Pictures and Bio - http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1302954 I love you, baby girl!

Help Lisa (6 Beautiful Pugs) and the senior pugs at the "Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch" through their Amazon Wish List http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi.../104M0QBM5XSWW

Tuck and Ag's Mom is offline Village Admiral

I’m in CA until Friday and I can tell you here in LA it is impossible to buy hand sanitizer, toilet paper, clorox, Lysol, or any kind of disinfectant cleaner, wipes or sprays and any type of germ wipes. Hard to find items as well are facial tissues, Tylenol, Advil, laundry detergent, and pedialyte. I did order some cases of wet food, extra nose fold wipes, pro-pectalin from Chewy to be delivered to the ranch in TX just in case. Our current plan is to fly home Friday but we are playing it by ear and very well might end up driving back.
    GordonBrunoPugMom likes this.
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy
    Forever in my heart Aggie, Tucker and Frank

Suri is offline Village Secret Super-Star

Here in Virginia the southern part, not DC area nothing much is going on. I have been to the grocery store and the shelves are packed, tomorrow after work I will go to costco and get some paper towel and tp as I am running low, some food too incase this virus does start to spread. I have dog food ready to ship on the 15. Being a teacher I am concerned because everyone comes to school sick, teachers and kids. I remember when H!N! spread around the school half the kids were sick and it spread so fast.
    Susan, mom to Bo, Lucy and Finn

Honoring Sruffy, Maggie Mae, Jenny, Trooper, Kaja,Muff, and Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Suri View Post
    Here in Virginia the southern part, not DC area nothing much is going on. I have been to the grocery store and the shelves are packed, tomorrow after work I will go to costco and get some paper towel and tp as I am running low, some food too incase this virus does start to spread. I have dog food ready to ship on the 15. Being a teacher I am concerned because everyone comes to school sick, teachers and kids. I remember when H!N! spread around the school half the kids were sick and it spread so fast.
    If you get a hold of hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes better grab it . They have limits here now 1per customer

Tuck and Ag's Mom and Suri like this.

Shannon C is offline Village VP

Yes I suggest if your stores carry lots of Lysol, Clorox or hand sanitizers to stock up. 2 weeks ago here stores were stocked. Then you go this weekend and shelves empty. Our fridge is broken with the water filter and is under warranty but we need new doors being installed Tuesday so we have had no filter water in fridge. I went to store Wednesday for jugs till fixed and was shocked to see the shelves were almost wiped out with water!!

Tuck and Ag's Mom is offline Village Admiral

Yep they can’t keep water on the shelves here. I also saw a lot of people wearing blue nitrile gloves while they were out and about. I’m not a person who panics but I like to be prepared for any type of emergency. I’m a bit of a germ o phobe though so hand washing and hand sanitizing isn’t anything different in my daily routine .
    Lu Ci and Ri Ki likes this.
    Nancy
    Mom to Lolli and Murphy
    Forever in my heart Aggie, Tucker and Frank

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast